How to play this format?

I have N96 and there are .dcf (Design rule for Camera File system) files both audio and video in mobile , i copied that files in PC but they are not playing in PC, i googled a lot but didnt find any solution,

is there any way to play .dcf files in PC

i tried nokia multimedia player

Klite codec full version

and many more codecs

thanks

y dont u try the nokia pc suite given wid it

it also has nokia multimedia player

it may help....

i tried all

Try Media Player Classic Home Cinema "MPC-HC"

first of all DCF is not what have you found. it's not actually "Design rule for Camera File system". may be you found it on Google. but that's not it.

and DCF is actually a container for OMA DRM files.The actual content of DCF file can be in any format, such as MPEG4. I suppose you know about DRM files. any ways these are protected files. means LOCKED. and you need a valid KEY to play it.

you probably now are thinking about the key where to find it :) right?

sorry you have to forget about it. these keys are logical and only found in the platform where these protected files are really supposed to be played.)

may be you would have faced some experience on your PC. with DRM-Protected WMV(Windows Media Video) files. when you try to play them in any player it takes you to a website to avail a key for that.

this DCF is just like that.

and your phone is just capable to play that kind of file only because your phone is pre-installed with these electronic keys.

ok that above was a little lecture about DCF understanding.

I just give you some reference of Chillout Software http://chillout.dmpf.org/. that I was referring back in years when I used to develop in Java. so this thing was lead to me that time. and on that time this thing was only for developers to use.

may be now after a couple of years there could be some stuff on providing the access of DCF on PCs but I am not sure.

but please take in mind. that these are DRM-Protected files. if there is any solution or stuff you found on the internet. that will be 100% illegal and a kind of warez. that could crack these files. and remove the DRM protection from the media files.

any ways good lucks to you.

DCF files are OMA DRM protected files and can only be played in an OMA DRM compatible device, like a mobile phone. But you also need to have the activation key loaded. IF you don't have the activation key then there is no way to use these files.

At least to my knowledge. :))

by the way Google is your friend :P

Try VLC

Must be a Nokia Proprietary extension. Don't waste time buddy.

OR

You can always query anything on forum.nokia.com

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I have N96 and there are .dcf (Design rule for Camera File system) files both audio and video in mobile , i copied that files in PC but they are not playing in PC, i googled a lot but didnt find any solution,

is there any way to play .dcf files in PC

i tried nokia multimedia player

Klite codec full version

and many more codecs

thanks

[/quote]

Usually you cannot copy directly a file from mobile phone onto your PC…it will not be playable at all…the only to make it playable you must use the PC Suite or special software that works with phone on your PC. For example if you use N96 Nokia then download the Nokia PC suite from Nokia website it’s free…installed it on your PC. After completed installation then connect your phone to the PC…then use the PC Suite software to search for the file and transfer them to your PC it should be okay.

^^man what i wrote in my post that i already used nokia multimedia player as i know that nokia multimedia comes with nokia pc suite ,,,,,

and pc suite doesn't make that DCF files play i already tried it