How to pay bills with MCB virtual banking?

Trying to pay all my bills online, the MCB virtual banking menu is confusing, e.g. to pay my phone bill it is asking me 3 fields which are, Bill Number, Bill Alias and Subscriber Name

But on my bill I have the following: Invoice #, Customer ID, Account ID, Customer STN/NTN number and the Subscriber name.

Anyone with an idea of what goes where?

Bill Number is your Account ID and Subsriber name is same. Bill Alias is just a nick name that you want to give to your bill so that it is easier for you to identify between different bills of same institution. Is this a PTCL Bill that you are paying?

^ Yes this was the PTCL bill. Thanks for the information, going to set it up now.

Somewhat off-topic question. executionist, have you used MCB's debit card online? Does it work?

^In many cases, debit cards do NOT work online. They can be used as credit cards for local shops but NOT online. You will have to have credit card from bank for online transactions. That's the case at least with HBL, do not know about MCB. But you can call them for further help..

Thanks dogarsahab. I think I'll have to go for SCB :| They're great, just don't like their annual charges.

[quote=“ehti, post:4, topic:16482”]

Somewhat off-topic#46;./user/68-executionist/"]executionist, have you used MCB’s debit card online? Does it work?
[/quote]

No, their card does not work online but according to their helpline they will include that feature soon.

[quote=“executionist, post:7, topic:16482”]

No, their card does not work online but according to their helpline they will include that feature soon.

[/quote]

Were you able to successfully pay the bill then?

^ Yeah thanks to you :D

[quote=“executionist, post:7, topic:16482”]

[/quote]

They are telling such things from centuries.

waaaaaaaao!!!!

I also paid my PTCL bill through Virtual Banking]

Also got Rs.100 balance on Telenor Prepaid.

Registered my family's cell numbers and utility bills with virtual banking.

Works great.

Now IESCO should start giving incentives to on time online utility bill payments. :)

if you have online account of UBL then its enough to pay , PTCL, GAS, Electricity Bills, Even for pre paid mobile phone cards vouchar numbers. an lot of other bills too. An other option is Standared Charted Online banking.

[quote=“rnathbatra, post:2, topic:16482”]

Bill Number is your Account ID and Subsriber name is same. Bill Alias is just a nick name that you want to give to your bill so that it is easier for you to identify between different bills of same institution. Is this a PTCL Bill that you are paying?

[/quote]

My PTCL number was converted from copper to fiber last year.

There are two things in my bill.

1. Customer ID - it shows my current number

2. Account ID - it shows my old number

Now which one is the Bill Number?

Also in SNGPL Bill, the following things are there:

1. Old Consumer No.

2. Bill ID

3. Consumer No.

So what the following will be

Bill Number = ________ (? Bill ID)

Bill Alias = ________ (? Same as in the case of PTCL)

Subscriber Name = _______ (?)

Okay here are the correct entries:

For PTCL

Bill Number = Customer ID (the 13-digit number under the Invoice #)

Bill Alias = Have to choose yourself e.g. "My PTCL Bill"

Subscriber Name = Name of the person against whom the PTCL line is registered.

For SNGPL

Bill Number = Consumer No.

Bill Alias = Have to choose yourself e.g. "My SNGPL Bill"

Subscriber Name = Name of the person against whom the SNGPL meter is registered.

Anyone know how to pay online bill with credit/debit card IESCO and SNGPL.

Like if you want to pay PTCL Bill Payment you can pay with credit/debit card on PTCL website.

[quote=“ehti, post:4, topic:16482”]

Somewhat off-topic question. executionist, have you used MCB’s debit card online? Does it work?

[/quote]

Although it is very old post but I had talk with MCB today on this topic and they said you cannot use their Visa debit card online. For online you need to use MCB Lite.