How to over clock is ASUS P5KPL-CM with E2140?

is ASUS P5KPL-CM supports overclocking ?

i want to have a chance to overclock my E2140 on P5KPL-CM.

any one please guide me.

what to do step by step please.

dude look at the weather...

unless u wana fry ur PC u wont think about OC

so kindly wait till winter..

i ll guide u myself...

its for your own good..believe me..

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

dude look at the weather…

unless u wana fry ur PC u wont think about OC

so kindly wait till winter…

i ll guide u myself…

its for your own good…believe me…

[/quote]

ya right :)

go bios serach for jumper free configurtion select overclocking profile.. the max oc u can achieve thru this option is 30% (2.08ghz) or u can manually enter the fsb speed...i hav oc my 2.2g on p5kpl-vm to 2.8g and i can fry egg on it (68c idle :P )

^

dude thats too much tempreture

i OCed my c2d 2.2g to 3.1ghz and the tempreture is 65 degrees at max usage even in these hot dayz.

actually my room temp is quiet hot like an owen :D beside no case fans installed

if room temp matters tht much in Over Clocking then i think it is not wise to overclock the processor although i have a full time air conditioned atmosphere masha ALLAH.

thanks all for the valuable advise.

Jazak ALLAH

Ok. I have ASUS P5kpl-VM.

You can read this : http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/249235-29-asus-p5kpl-e5200-overclocking-problem The last few posts are very useful. Last 2 are by me.

Anyway make sure you understand the fsb:ddr ratio, at 667 it is 3:5 and at 800 it is 1:2; means that at 1:2 if you increase the fsb to 50 mhz, ddr automatically increases to 100 i.e., 900mhz. There is no way to control the DDR speed except the ratios, limitation of G31!

Not a good idea to overclock in Summers. I just had my SATA II 320 GB Hard drive toasted!

Post here if you need more answers.

if room temp matters tht much in Over Clocking then i think it is not wise to overclock the processor although i have a full time air conditioned atmosphere masha ALLAH.

thanks all for the valuable advise.

Jazak ALLAH

[/quote]

no u need a good cooler as well

Ok. I have ASUS P5kpl-VM.

Not a good idea to overclock in Summers. I just had my SATA II 320 GB Hard drive toasted!

Post here if you need more answers.

[/quote]

whats the relation of overclocking with the toasting of a sata HDD ??

^ Summer and Heat. Also overclocking FSB will also increase your PCI clock. PCI clock controls all your SATA and PATA. PCI- Express frequency is set to 100, but PCI frequency cannot be set in P5kpl-vm.

^ Summer and Heat. Also overclocking FSB will also increase your PCI clock. PCI clock controls all your SATA and PATA. PCI- Express frequency is set to 100, but PCI frequency cannot be set in P5kpl-vm.
[/quote]

so any other board in which we can set the pci clock ?

if yes please name it

I have an intel e2140 stock @ 1.6 (200 * 8) right now i have

overclocked it 19% @ 1.9 (238 * 8) the voltage at auto

(1.326-1.376) the system is stable. Now the problem is i cant go

above 238 frequency. If i set it at 240 its not stable, game crashes

suddenly. If i go above 240 it doesn't boot at windows. I also tried

lowering the multiplier but the same doesn't boot at windows. Take

note the only thing i changed is the frequency and multiplier. Guys

what seems to be the problem? Is it my voltage not enough? Is it

my mobo? Or is it my procie? Please leave any comments and

suggestions or violent reaction about this.. Thanks!

^ What is your motherboard?

On a P5KPLVM I just overclocked a E2140 to 2.13GHz on the first go on my mates PC.

Jumper free config --- > 266MHz FSB

On a P5KPLVM I just overclocked a E2140 to 2.13GHz on the first go on my mates PC.

Jumper free config — > 266MHz FSB

[/quote]

Its not just FSB, you have overclocked:

If your DDR is 667, now its 766 or if it was 800 now its 932. Your PCI is overlocked to dangerous 44 mhz.

Read this link for understanding: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/249235-29-asus-p5kpl-e5200-overclocking-problem

what is the safe PCI clock range , by the way i m not gona overclock my 3gz E8400 , its enough quick already at defaults values, just asking what would b the safe range for pci clock ?

Default value is 33. According to different forums it is ok until 37mhz. After that data loss and unexpected behaviors may occur.

what should be the normal (non-overclocked mode) temp of asus 5kpl-cm ?