How to merge two PTCL DSL connection?

I have a 1Mpbs PTCL DSL connection. My Friend from another block has one too with same bandwidth. Both have 3 to 4 users too. Now we are thinking about a merge i.e. joining our networks such that both get 2 Mbps combined . Dont know how to connect both the network in such manner

Or may b

one of us ends the subscription, the other subscribe for a 2 Mbps connection and then we merge.

The first one might be difficult, but more reliable ( i think ) as if one router is down the other will still be working.

the 2nd method is easy but will cost more , as we are paying 1400 Rs. each . 2 Mbps will cost us 3500 Rs. We both use student packages.

Any suggestions??

Well Friend you need TPLINK multi WAN router for it .... I think Its check and good we are personally using it.

Google4U

ok . Whats the cost? Where can I get it in Karachi

at techno city behind MCB towers and first ask near your home.

thanx bro i will check it out

http://www.acme.net.pk/

http://www.phonebook.com.pk/Dynamic/CompanyDetail.aspx?Comp_ID=36007

wow.... whats the point of sharing...

i have a 2 MBPS connection, if i download torrents i get a max speed of 200-230... and if one of you downloads then the other will suffer! no point! just keep separate connections!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

wow… whats the point of sharing…

i have a 2 MBPS connection, if i download torrents i get a max speed of 200-230… and if one of you downloads then the other will suffer! no point! just keep separate connections!

[/quote]

I know but we already are sharing :) Sharing the two network will allow us to make a bigger LAN and more network gaming experience. Also in our apartments the CABLE WALA’S internet suxx. We are 4 friends having 4 PTCL separate 1Mbps connections. If we can combine all 4, each will get like 400+ KB/s . Hows THAT? I guess none of ISP provide that much speed for a home DSL. One more thing would be load balancing, if one of my friend’s connection is down, he will still be able to get online on others connection. It will be one huge low cost PTCL DSL network :) No more cable walas in our area.

I know but we already are sharing :) Sharing the two network will allow us to make a bigger LAN and more network gaming experience. Also in our apartments the CABLE WALA’S internet suxx. We are 4 friends having 4 PTCL separate 1Mbps connections. If we can combine all 4, each will get like 400+ KB/s . Hows THAT? I guess none of ISP provide that much speed for a home DSL. One more thing would be load balancing, if one of my friend’s connection is down, he will still be able to get online on others connection. It will be one huge low cost PTCL DSL network :) No more cable walas in our area.

[/quote]

This sounds very interesting. Do let us know if it works…

So guys If u have merged 2 connections of 1 MB and suppose just 1 PC is using net and downloading 1 file like photoshop from its adobe's website then will I get speed of 200kbps+ or jus 100kbps+ from 1 connection??

Or I am having video conference so how 2 connections at a time will work?

If one computer is downloading a file then browsing and downloading on other pc will be real slow. Sharing is only good if both pc's are only browsing then they both will get the gud speeds like 200KB on both pc's.

^^

U didnt understand my question! If Ive 2 merged connections of 1+1Mbps=2mbps {128KBps+128KBps=~256KBps}, rite

N um downloading a file or a song so will the both connections will bring the download of that very song at the same time?

How is it possible that 2 different connections will bring bits of the same song for completing it?? Both the connections will be having 2 different channels so how can they share the downloading?

Suppose m downloading a file name 'song' and this file has 4 fragments/data packets A, B, C & D! So how come connection 1 will know that i have to download data packet B because data packet A has already been downloading from connection 2??

HTTP is a stateless protocol, so i guess there it might work. And i am still researching about this stuff,slow due to work overhead and I don't want to take any risk. So until im not dead sure about it i can invest on by buying an extra router. But if worksits gonna save us guys a lot of money.

^^

U didnt understand my question! If Ive 2 merged connections of 1+1Mbps=2mbps {128KBps+128KBps=~256KBps}, rite

N um downloading a file or a song so will the both connections will bring the download of that very song at the same time?

How is it possible that 2 different connections will bring bits of the same song for completing it?? Both the connections will be having 2 different channels so how can they share the downloading?

Suppose m downloading a file name ‘song’ and this file has 4 fragments/data packets A, B, C & D! So how come connection 1 will know that i have to download data packet B because data packet A has already been downloading from connection 2??

[/quote]

Whether or not fragmented downloads are possible for you to do across connections depends a lot on the protocols involved. If you were for example using download accelerator (over HTTP) on a load balancer (aggregating both your connections), you would likely see a speed increase. However, the load balancer will not work for cases like video or audio streaming (since it’s done over a single TCP/UDP socket connection) and won’t work for stuff like torrents either since your torrents client will report only a single IP to the tracker. Load balancing is often used more in the scenario of having a large number of clients distributed across multiple WAN connections and less so for the purpose of trunking WAN connections to be able to download faster.

Just my 2 paisas.

@mantissa

Thanks for explaining it dude!:)

So u mean it is useless in the case of torrents n video/audio conferencing!

So it will be useful in the case of browsing n downloading, right?

Have u practically done such an experiment?