How to make vpn connection in ubuntu?

guys anyone know how to create vpn connection on ubuntu.............

i m using ubuntu hardy heron 8.04

have installed network manager pptp but still couldnt see vpn option in it.........

I would recommend looking into VPN Connection Manager in the Add/Remove Applications and see what you can do with it. It incorporates with the Network Manager, so there might be a way to auto-connect but I haven't looked into it.

Hope this helps a little.

yup its installed but how to open it........??? sorry am a beginner of ubuntu

8.04 is a bit outdated IMO just install the latest version 8.10 coz it comes with a built in VPN manager that is much easier to use

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

8.04 is a bit outdated IMO just install the latest version 8.10 coz it comes with a built in VPN manager that is much easier to use
[/quote]

ok i will install it after download completes…actually i have heard k its easier to do loadbalancing on linux…is that right ? i m on cable connection , it works on vpn …with each id assigned specific amount of speed…i some how have manage to get more than one id…now when i connect with 2 ids speed gets double for few mins (in windows os) n then one connection get idle…so is it worthy of trying it on ubuntu…any suggestion ??