How to make undeletable folders?

Salam Everyone !

I am using Windows Xp and i have a very important folder having tons of data and don't want that someone come to just delete that. Can someone tell me that how can i make undeleteable folder ? I know one trick that if you make new folder by CMD via md command then it become undeleted in windows and you can only deleted through CMD itself. Is there any other method than this or using softwares?

Just remove everyones permissions to that folder except for your account. That should prevent average computer users from deleting it.

BTW I just made a folder via md command and deleted it without any problem from windows.

Make it a hidden file. If they can't see it, they can't delete it.

(Unless they manually turn the 'view hidden files' to on/yes)

Right Click Folder, Click Properies, Check Readonly and System. Click OK. Altough not 100% safe but this will provide warning messages before it can be deleted.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Just remove everyones permissions to that folder except for your account. That should prevent average computer users from deleting it.
[/quote]

X2

this is the best way to do it. You don’t even need to hide it then. Add a specific user in permissions to allow full control and remove all the other users to deny control.

use folder guard latest version....

First of all you need to restrict the number of people accessing your pc i.e guests and adding password to your/administrator account. secondly you will need ntfs file system to protect your folder with permissions.

correct me if I am wrong.

There is a way i found to at least lock folders :

1. Open Notepad and copy the below code

2. Change your password in the code it's shown the place where to type your password.

3. Save file as locker.bat .

4. Now double click on locker .bat

5. I t will create folder with Locker automatically for u. After creation of the Locker folder, place the contents u want to lock inside the Locker Folder and run locker.bat again .

cls

@ECHO OFF

title Folder Locker

if EXIST "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}" goto UNLOCK

if NOT EXIST Locker goto MDLOCKER

:CONFIRM

echo Are you sure u want to Lock the folder(Y/N)

set/p "cho=>"

if %cho%==Y goto LOCK

if %cho%==y goto LOCK

if %cho%==n goto END

if %cho%==N goto END

echo Invalid choice.

goto CONFIRM

:LOCK

ren Locker "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}"

attrib +h +s "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}"

echo Folder locked

goto End