How to make a website?

Is there any website which allows you to make a website for free ?

you are a silver member bro. should have known this at the first place.

Learn HTML.

Or use a program like Frontpage.

And if you only want to start your own blog, then u dont need to learn anything. Just some basics. Get a free theme + wordpress, and you are ready to blog!

Try a Google Search on "Free Domain Hosting", you'll get plenty of results :)

Download Macromedia Dreamweaver MX or get the Disk and the start making your own websites its not as such hard to work on it.

it's for newbie to expert

Google Sites is one option, also try Squarespace.com - have heard some good things about them!

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Is there any website which allows you to make a website for free ?
[/quote]

you looking for webhosting?

you looking for webhosting?

[/quote]

Im actually looking for a website which would allow you to make your webpage and would also give you a domain name for free like www.crap.co.nr or anything like that :P… you know something like geocities ? I dont like my webpage to be www.geocities.com/blahblah though…

hmm okay then

1.Go to uni.cc or co.cc get your domain cause co.nr doesn't allow you DNS :)

2.second find free cpanel hosting. i wish i could offer you but already there are many free riders with me.

Free Cpanel hosting

3. Download Macromedia Dreamweaver or some other code editing software but would suggest you to use MD :)

4. Get some good tutorials about Macromedia Dreamweaver and also you can download some already made HTML templates

Free HTML templates

5. Work on it, play as much as you can, i can bet in next few days you will be good in it.

6. If you want to be professional then learn HTML, and java scripting then you can have a look at php or asp, well i love php it is easy and friendly

try geocities.com...... or myfreespaces.com......

it will give u free domain name and free web hosting...

u can simplly make u web on notpad by using HTML language..... it is very easy to learn

try geocities.com… or myfreespaces.com

it will give u free domain name and free web hosting…

u can simplly make u web on notpad by using HTML language… it is very easy to learn

[/quote]

geocites and myfreespace both give very limited features and access to the user.

it would get hard to him if he starts from notepad with HTML it gonna take time,

a newbie needs to start form GUI based software,

Well, I'm a newbie at html, and I use notepad2, a syntax based highlighting proggy, lovely to use. Never ever installed dreamweaver or frontpage, infact, I don't even know how to use them.

Its best if you learn with notepad. It is very hard at first, but it really pays off.

I agree with you jaja but when it comes to make complicated website structure like. frames, cells, then you get puzzled with coding, well it's all good up to coding like if you are working with any structured coding like php,asp or cgi then its okay but if you ask about a newbie who wants to make a website then don't mess up with coding,

The experiences I've had with Frontpage and Dreamweaver (and other WYSIWYG editors) has been that, generally, they produce "dirty" code. But I haven't tried either software for a while now, so things may have changed. :)

If you plan on learning about how things are done, I say get into the code. If you just want to get the job done without the headaches that come in tow, I think a WYSIWYG would suit alright.

Did you check out http://www.squarespace.com?

no one suggested NVU?

no one suggested NVU?
[/quote]

(1) It won’t open PHP or CSS files — HTML only. In theory, this makes Notepad a more useful program to me than Nvu because at least I can open all types of text files with Notepad.

(2) Nvu is still only at version 1.0, which was released in June 2005. However, according to the website FAQ, the project is still alive. There is also an unofficial bug-fix release called Kompozer.

(3) The source editing functionality is lack-luster to say the least (no code hinting, code completion, etc.). Mind you, Nvu tends to reformat your code anyway, so using the source view at all may not even be worth it. This is essentially why Nvu gets such a low score: My rubrick for evaluating editors puts most of the weight on source editing functionality.

thanks for the info! i heard some people saying that it was good

(1) It won’t open PHP or CSS files — HTML only. In theory, this makes Notepad a more useful program to me than Nvu because at least I can open all types of text files with Notepad.

(2) Nvu is still only at version 1.0, which was released in June 2005. However, according to the website FAQ, the project is still alive. There is also an unofficial bug-fix release called Kompozer.

(3) The source editing functionality is lack-luster to say the least (no code hinting, code completion, etc.). Mind you, Nvu tends to reformat your code anyway, so using the source view at all may not even be worth it. This is essentially why Nvu gets such a low score: My rubrick for evaluating editors puts most of the weight on source editing functionality.

[/quote]

How about you credit the source? http://htmleditors.shadowboxcreative.ca/2006/10/15/review-nvu/

;)

^^

:D

Try Wordpress and find a free theme. You can also develop a website within wordpress if you will do it properly. Its pretty easy too :)