How to make a Home Network

Can any one tell me how to make a home network for pc's using same router....

i am using Tp-Link network switch to connect both of my pc's to the router.

I tried the windows sharing and networking ... but all in vain...

:(

Which windows are u on? Vista or XP?

Disable ur antivirus's firewall

in internet protocol [tcp/ip]

use different ip's for both of the computers ie:

192.168.1.2 for 1st pc

192.168.1.3 for 2nd pc.

then run network setup wizard in control panel on both computer and make sure you click the option "enable printer and sharing wizard". you may have to restart the pc and thats it...

edit:: this is for xp i dont know about vista.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

in internet protocol [tcp/ip]

use different ip’s for both of the computers ie:

192.168.1.2 for 1st pc

192.168.1.3 for 2nd pc.

then run network setup wizard in control panel on both computer and make sure you click the option “enable printer and sharing wizard”. you may have to restart the pc and thats it…

edit:: this is for xp i dont know about vista.

[/quote]

Me using Xpsp2…

Thats what i tried earlier…

but i cannot see the files which i put in the sharing folders on other pc… :(

i am also using XP2 and i have the exact same setting and mine is working like a charm. some time you have to go through "view workgroup computers" on "My Network Places" side bar in order to look for the shared files. and also both the computers names should be different.

U know i bought my tplink today.. and i hav a prob.. jus a lil one. I have shared my pc and my bro's on the other side. And now i can see his drives and can access it.. but he cant acces mine . Although he can see an icon by his computer name in my network places.. but cant access it.. it says permission not given to me, contact administrator or some thing like that..its so strange..