How to know if I really have ONU line?

I asked my lineman to convert my line to ONU.. He said sure sure.. and called me one day and said he did it... I asked him will my number be changed, he said no need to change the number in 496**** series... Anyway, i have observed the line is clearer... but I am absolutely not sure if it really is onu or not... You know, shouldn't really trust people these days.. And I am committing the risk of calling PTCL for DSl again.. coz my previous experience had been terrible...

Just wanted to know.. how to confirm that I am on ONU?

^

see the pole from which your phone line is coming

if its a white box on pole then its ONU...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I asked my lineman to convert my line to ONU… He said sure sure… and called me one day and said he did it… I asked him will my number be changed, he said no need to change the number in 496**** series… Anyway, i have observed the line is clearer… but I am absolutely not sure if it really is onu or not… You know, shouldn’t really trust people these days… And I am committing the risk of calling PTCL for DSl again… coz my previous experience had been terrible…

Just wanted to know… how to confirm that I am on ONU?

[/quote]

Don’t go with PTCL DSL again if you had a bad experience with them in the past.

^

if its a white box on pole then its ONU…

[/quote]

Oh… I’m gonna check if there is one… there better be one…

Don’t go with PTCL DSL again if you had a bad experience with them in the past.

[/quote]

I know, but its cheaper, plus they don’t have cap issues… I’m on wimax nowadays… very satisfied, but volume limit is so not appealing… Anyway, I’m just gonna try my luck, else will stick to my dear wimax… Nothing to lose ;)

If you have another copper number in your home or at neighbors just check the difference between Tone strength, ONU has a louder tone always!

I know, but its cheaper, plus they don’t have cap issues… I’m on wimax nowadays… very satisfied, but volume limit is so not appealing… Anyway, I’m just gonna try my luck, else will stick to my dear wimax… Nothing to lose ;)

[/quote]

Its not cheaper! How is it cheaper if you only get dial up speed for months on end, the customer service people ignore your requests for assistance and you still have to pay the full amount every month?

^

if its a white box on pole then its ONU…

[/quote]

that aint a distinct identification…cause older DPs were white colored plastic ones. and the newer are the grey colored with PTCL written on it…and either its copper or ONU DPs are same…only stats and a confirmation from 1236 can tell you.

I asked my lineman to convert my line to ONU… He said sure sure… and called me one day and said he did it… I asked him will my number be changed, he said no need to change the number in 496**** series… Anyway, i have observed the line is clearer… but I am absolutely not sure if it really is onu or not… You know, shouldn’t really trust people these days… And I am committing the risk of calling PTCL for DSl again… coz my previous experience had been terrible…

Just wanted to know… how to confirm that I am on ONU?

[/quote]

onu number is different from normal line

You can confirm form 1236 as the number is always different.

u can chack it by this(the values of VPI = 0 & VCI = 103 for copper and For ONU use VPI=8 &

VCI=81) and check

I got copper line but my modem values are 8 & 81.

Its soooo strange... I called ptcl.. they said you can't be on ONU unless you file a request for it.. so i assumed i don't have ONU...

However, whenever I have a power breakdown, my phone line goes dead for30-45 minutes... which is a clear symptom of having a fiber line... what's happening?

Its soooo strange… I called ptcl… they said you can’t be on ONU unless you file a request for it… so i assumed i don’t have ONU…

However, whenever I have a power breakdown, my phone line goes dead for30-45 minutes… which is a clear symptom of having a fiber line… what’s happening?

[/quote]

Bro lemme tell u another thing apart from the set rules. If your exchange has full ONU support on your area then they simply need to hook your secondary pair with the primary ONU pair without any problem. And if your a customer of newer series number then your number can be patched with ONU without transferring to new number… Now only the modem line stats can confirm further about the line conditions…Whereas your case is normal and number can be shifted to ONU without a change under above mentioned conditions.!