How to keep Laptop on for 8 hours?

OK summer starts with 8 to 12 hours of power breaks once or twice in a week , I want to keep my laptop on for 8 hours at home , Is there any solution for this?

I can buy 4 batteries I know but I have to replace it after every 2 hours but I want continuous backup . It doesn't need to be portable, Any suggestions?

thanks

Connect the charger to a UPS backup socket. The UPS doesn't need to be a high class computer grade, a simple homage type inverter is sufficient since laptop has internal battery.

One of my laptop is ON for at least past 15 days using this scheme.

[quote=“Ijaz_Ahmed, post:2, topic:22633”]

Connect the charger to a UPS backup socket. The UPS doesn’t need to be a high class computer grade, a simple homage type inverter is sufficient since laptop has internal battery.

One of my laptop is ON for at least past 15 days using this scheme.

[/quote]

My charger produce strange noise if i connect it to HOMAGE output, I am afraid if it shortens charger life …

Are there any pure sine wave invertor circuits available in market which i connect to my 12v ups battery for my laptop ? or are their any DC stepup circuits which can increase the voltage of 12v battery …

Mine also produces noise when connected to non-sine wave inverters. But I have never faced any problem of charger malfunction or damage.

There are some models of Homage inverters claiming sine wave output but I think those are 24V type, not sure. You need to check NRI website.

Easiest would be a small 650VA APC UPS, easily available for about 6K.

[quote=“Ijaz_Ahmed, post:4, topic:22633”]

Mine also produces noise when connected to non-sine wave inverters. But I have never faced any problem of charger malfunction or damage.

There are some models of Homage inverters claiming sine wave output but I think those are 24V type, not sure. You need to check NRI website.

Easiest would be a small 650VA APC UPS, easily available for about 6K.

[/quote]

I already have APC RS-1000 (modified sine wave double battery 1000va) never thought i can use it for that long for laptop only …

A 12V battery + charger and a laptop car charger should be the cheapest solution for your situation.

[quote=“noman89, post:5, topic:22633”]

I already have APC RS-1000 (modified sine wave double battery 1000va) never thought i can use it for that long for laptop only …

[/quote]

Laptops consume very little power compared to heavier appliances like a tube light or a fan. a laptop should be able to run very long on that ups provided you keep it connected to your charger which connects to laptop .

[quote=“executionist, post:6, topic:22633”]

A 12V battery + charger and a laptop car charger should be the cheapest solution for your situation.

[/quote]

oh wow great idea i just need to buy a car laptop charger and connect it to my home ups battery thats it …thank you… By the way where can I find this car laptop charger in Lahore any idea?

bhai hazaar jugar laga lo, just get a better ups and you will never have this problem again.. else, good luck getting things to work every few months with a risk of losing a 30-50k device. Also, my charger makes a buzzing sound when listen closely, I'm using cyberpower 2200VA 24V ups, your laptop already has a regulation ic and a protection circuit so you should be fine with the existing UPS. Buzzing sound is by no means a faulty or erroneous sound, all IC run on a particular frequencies at given voltages, its just that the one on your laptop charger has audible range ~20khz, nevertheless it is doing its job running at the frequency to maintain current input to the laptop.