How to install apps in android?

Friends,,, i installed Asphalat 5 in my samsung galxy gio... when i tried to play the game it is asking to go online... I have no wifi connection.... what can i do to play this game on my phone? all other games are doing the same...

[quote=“Waqar_shah, post:, topic:”]

when i tried to play the game it is asking to go online… all other games are doing the same…

[/quote]

I am wondering if you don’t have Wi-Fi how did you install this game ?

This is a free game from Samsung, if it says then you should go online, I think it will be only once. It is not an online kind of game.

What other games are asking to go online? Can you name those games ?

I downloaded the game on my pc via torrent... Can not i use packet data instead of Wifi.. I do have wifi but for the instant My wifi router is out of order... i can not manage to wait to play games on this phone... kindly give some helps regarding this issue...

You can always use packet data for internet access. The speed will be slow, if course.

It's always better to download stuff via Android Market. This is because Android Market keeps record of the Apps downloaded by a particular gmail ID and offers you upgrades when they are available.

Also in case you upgrade you Android set or format it, your previously installed Apps will install automatically.

[quote=", post:4, topic:15530"]

You can always use packet data for internet access. The speed will be slow, if course.

[/quote]

And of course will cost money :rolleyes:

[quote=“EngineBlock, post:6, topic:15530”]

And of course will cost money :rolleyes:

[/quote]

Sure :D

Very funny.... Now where is the solution... You people told me to Buy Android.. Now tell me from where I can android apps...

There are plenty of places and sites which offer android apps and games via APK files. A quick Google search got me to www.androidgameapk.com www.androidapk.gadgetica.com . After downloading all the APKs your heart desires, install Android SDK which includes ADB http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html and after running it once and adding/downloading platform-tools to the library. just open a command prompt or terminal and do

adb start-server (to start the adb server process)

adb devices (To make sure your devices is connected and ADB can communicate with it. Its status should be "device". Your phone should be in debugging mode for this.)

adb install [apk file]

Though not every (free) game installed like this would start without a data connection, as some of them need it for showing ads and stuff, but most will work. Everything I installed from Samsung (via samsung apps) works without any data connection. Make sure you have disabled Packet data access when you run them though, so they don't start using your GPRS/EDGE if its available. (Settings > Wireless and Network settings > Mobile Networks > Uncheck "Use Packet Data")

Why not simply copy the APK to your SD card and install using any file manager (Samsung included "My Files" as file manager)

[quote=", post:10, topic:15530"]

Why not simply copy the APK to your SD card and install using any file manager (Samsung included “My Files” as file manager)

[/quote]

I read about that method but never got to test it back then as I bought mine without SDcard to lower the price. I have myself tested with the ADB method, so posted that instead. Thanks for reminding of the easier alternative :)

@Waqar: Disregard the ADB method and do what Ijaz suggested. But ADB is a nice tool to have if you want to experiment with your phone.