How to get pakistani computerized national identity card in english

I already have cnic but it is in urdu. i need one in english. What are the requirements to get cnic in English.

--

^ I also want to make mine in english as the Urdu font used by نادرا آنٹی sucks

before anyone wants to change the name in the CNIC watch this clip for better guidance

:)

یہ نادرا آنٹی سے پہلے کے زمانے کی بات تھی۔ اب حالات اور ہیں :P

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Go to NADRA office where CNIC are made, Follow the same old procedure of getting National ID card but in English. The only difference is of charges. 3 years back, they used to charge 1000 rupees for CNIC in English. Current rates might be different. I hope, now you are planing to go abroad.
[/quote]

thanks. it often requires, if your business is based on internet. i am to take a photo of it and send it to google adsense team to verify my postal address.

I talked to them and they asked me to show them a passpoert with valid visa.

How you people getting it?

I talked to them and they asked me to show them a passport with valid visa.

How you people getting it?

[/quote]

yes, that is why i asked, my brother got cnic in english but he had both passport and valid saudi visa.

you can't get it unless you are working abroad with valid visa or u r on a resident visa. Else a common Pakistani will have only urdu text CNIC.

you can’t get it unless you are working abroad with valid visa or u r on a resident visa. Else a common Pakistani will have only urdu text CNIC.
[/quote]

thanks for clarification. these are the very reasons this nation is not progressing.

thanks for clarification. these are the very reasons this nation is not progressing.

[/quote]

I may disagree! you need to promote your very own language. And if you are a citizen of Pakistan then Urdu is your national language and should be promoted. We are not progressing because we are loosing our identity.

it is not me in fact google adsense does not support urdu.

have you asked them to verify it from NADRA online. like give them your CNIC scanned copy and CNIC no. Let them get it verified. that's wat the Computerized NIC stands for i guess.!

before anyone wants to change the name in the CNIC watch this clip for better guidance

:)

[/quote]

lol, ;)

Back to OP

You can provide passport copy for verification, if CNIC is not acceptable.

i think they mainly want to verify name and postal address not cnic #. They ask for documents in their supported language.

first they send the pin through regular mail to verify postal address. one can request the pin three times. i have requested twice buy it did not reach. now i am going to request third time. Even after third time i am unable to get the pin they will ask me to provide Govt. issued id or bank statement.

I may disagree! you need to promote your very own language. And if you are a citizen of Pakistan then Urdu is your national language and should be promoted. We are not progressing because we are loosing our identity.
[/quote]

Agreed but why NADRA issues CNIC in Sindhi (there might be other local langauge versions)? I have seen a colleague’s CNIC issued in Sindhi.

If it is national langauge issue, every Pakistani’s CNIC must be in urdu.

@OP

Can’t you submit your credit card info to Google for address verification ?

i think they mainly want to verify name and postal address not cnic #. They ask for documents in their supported language.

first they send the pin through regular mail to verify postal address. one can request the pin three times. i have requested twice buy it did not reach. now i am going to request third time. Even after third time i am unable to get the pin they will ask me to provide Govt. issued id or bank statement.

[/quote]

Are you sure you have to submit ID documents? I think they do phone verification instead. Anyway you can always submit a scanned copy of your passport. AFAIK Pakistani passports are always in English :P Good luck!

Are you sure you have to submit ID documents? I think they do phone verification instead. Anyway you can always submit a scanned copy of your passport. AFAIK Pakistani passports are always in English :P Good luck!
[/quote]

Passport does not have address information. OP said they want to confirm address.

Passport does not have address information. OP said they want to confirm address.
[/quote]

yes, but at least it has name. they verify both name and address. i shall surely go for this option.

Yeah Passport is always a safe and gud option go for that...or if you have driving .license or lets say even domicile will work...

Agreed but why NADRA issues CNIC in Sindhi (there might be other local langauge versions)? I have seen a colleague's CNIC issued in Sindhi.

If it is national langauge issue, every Pakistani's CNIC must be in urdu.

[/quote]

Man thts weird...thats somthin new for me.