I am sorry if it hadn't made much sense, I will try to put a better summary below.
Documents and information that you require before hand:
Application for NOC (here is what I used).
Your Contact Detail;
Postal address (same as the address mobile is courried to).
- Mobile no (you will receive an SMS once the letter is received by PTA).
Shipment documents (copy);
GPO letter (This is the letter that you get by post from the post office telling you that your parcel has been detained by customs. If you have not received it, contact your post office for more information on how to get it).
- Customs authority letter (This is the letter you get from customs after they open the package and write down everything that they find in it. Once you receive the GPO letter goto the post office (or call them?) and get info on the customs dept that has detained your parcel, you will need to go where the custom dept is, if you are in Karachi than that means going to the old airport).
- Invoice (Purchase invoice of the mobile - If you do not have one or would like to declare a lesser value, make one yourself. I used the original invoice print out)
- Complete and correct IMIE No. (If you do not have that, then copy it from the customs letter you get).
- AWB No. (The Air Way Bill number also known as the international tracking number of your parcel, the one that you used to track the parcel online)
- Detention number (I don't remember if I ever wrote this on the letter in step 1, but you should see it on the customs letter that you get), add it to the letter in step 1.
Once you have everything in order, Post to;
Director (Numbering & Type Approval)
PTA Headquarters, Sector F-5/1, Islamabad.
Fax # 051-9225359
There numbers are almost always busy, try calling them after a day the parcel is received, you might have to spend a lot of time redialing the number.
Hope the above helps.