How to get NOC from PTA? - Mobile shipped via USPS now stuck at Karachi Airport

[quote=“forum, post:40, topic:21343”]

What is

• AWB No.

and isn't maximum duty on mobiles phones around 1000?

-

[/quote]

AWB is Airway Bill Number, your parcel tracking number.

[quote=“BlueClub, post:41, topic:21343”]

AWB is Airway Bill Number, your parcel tracking number.

[/quote]

hey bro, care to help me out a bit ?

[quote=“yaxir123, post:42, topic:21343”]

hey bro, care to help me out a bit ?

[/quote]

How can I help? I have already posted all the steps that you need to take, if there is any confusion or you have more questions please post here so everyone can see and other people are helped in the future.

i'd like a SUMMARY of all the steps.

i know im asking a bit too much... but i read the whole thing and i was rather perturbed and confused. I did NOT understand certain phases in your ordeal. I presume a summary will help us ALL out.

[quote=“yaxir123, post:44, topic:21343”]

i'd like a SUMMARY of all the steps.

i know im asking a bit too much... but i read the whole thing and i was rather perturbed and confused. I did NOT understand certain phases in your ordeal. I presume a summary will help us ALL out.

[/quote]

I am sorry if it hadn't made much sense, I will try to put a better summary below.

Documents and information that you require before hand:

1. Application for NOC (here is what I used).
  2. Your Contact Detail;
    1. Name
    2. Postal address (same as the address mobile is courried to).
    3. Mobile no (you will receive an SMS once the letter is received by PTA).
  3. Shipment documents (copy);
    1. GPO letter (This is the letter that you get by post from the post office telling you that your parcel has been detained by customs. If you have not received it, contact your post office for more information on how to get it).
    2. Customs authority letter (This is the letter you get from customs after they open the package and write down everything that they find in it. Once you receive the GPO letter goto the post office (or call them?) and get info on the customs dept that has detained your parcel, you will need to go where the custom dept is, if you are in Karachi than that means going to the old airport).
    3. Invoice (Purchase invoice of the mobile - If you do not have one or would like to declare a lesser value, make one yourself. I used the original invoice print out)
    4. Complete and correct IMIE No. (If you do not have that, then copy it from the customs letter you get).
    5. AWB No. (The Air Way Bill number also known as the international tracking number of your parcel, the one that you used to track the parcel online)
    6. Detention number (I don't remember if I ever wrote this on the letter in step 1, but you should see it on the customs letter that you get), add it to the letter in step 1.

Once you have everything in order, Post to;

Director (Numbering & Type Approval)

PTA Headquarters, Sector F-5/1, Islamabad.
Phone: 051-9225325
Fax # 051-9225359
There numbers are almost always busy, try calling them after a day the parcel is received, you might have to spend a lot of time redialing the number.
Hope the above helps.

Thanks alot bro!

that eased it out a bit!

How much you paid for mobile in China?

One ov my fren send me an ipad air last feb thro dhl. I didn't no at that time abut dis noc thin'... on fourth day i received a call frm the import dept ov dhl that ut parcel has reached but is detained by customs cuz ov this noc thin' frm pta. I got confused n went straight to their office next to customs building in lahore airport. Aftr a lot ov chit chat i came to no that dhl ll charge me 250 rupees for clearing the shipment provided i give thm the noc frm pta office in islamabad. Tht ws a huge task n i ws very mad at myself tht y i got into all ds. I already new tht how government depts works n thy wont just handover me the noc just like that. After inquiring with sum people i came to this conclusion tht its goin' to b a nightmare. One said it took him 3 weeks n one tu returned empty handed. So instead ov goin there i preferred to go straight to custom house n met a clearing agent. He took 5 to 6 days n i finally got my ipad air back safe n sound. So instead going here n there n wastin ur precious time n money i wud recommand u to meet a good clearing agent n get ur stuff cleard frm there b4 it goes for auction. Don't ask me how much i paid cuz its painful to remember.

[quote=“APC_UPS, post:48, topic:21343”]

One ov my fren send me an ipad air last feb thro dhl. I didn't no at that time abut dis noc thin'... on fourth day i received a call frm the import dept ov dhl that ut parcel has reached but is detained by customs cuz ov this noc thin' frm pta. I got confused n went straight to their office next to customs building in lahore airport. Aftr a lot ov chit chat i came to no that dhl ll charge me 250 rupees for clearing the shipment provided i give thm the noc frm pta office in islamabad. Tht ws a huge task n i ws very mad at myself tht y i got into all ds. I already new tht how government depts works n thy wont just handover me the noc just like that. After inquiring with sum people i came to this conclusion tht its goin' to b a nightmare. One said it took him 3 weeks n one tu returned empty handed. So instead ov goin there i preferred to go straight to custom house n met a clearing agent. He took 5 to 6 days n i finally got my ipad air back safe n sound. So instead going here n there n wastin ur precious time n money i wud recommand u to meet a good clearing agent n get ur stuff cleard frm there b4 it goes for auction. Don't ask me how much i paid cuz its painful to remember.

[/quote]

So How much you paid to clearing agent :D

Bhai i pad this to clearin agent only ...... all other expenses he made by this money received from me .. it was settled that i wll pay him this much n he will hand over me the ipad ..........

[quote=“APC_UPS, post:48, topic:21343”]

So instead ov goin there i preferred to go straight to custom house n met a clearing agent.

[/quote]

I kind of agree to this, a lot simpler and would save you the headache.

[quote=“APC_UPS, post:50, topic:21343”]

Bhai i pad this to clearin agent only ...... all other expenses he made by this money received from me .. it was settled that i wll pay him this much n he will hand over me the ipad ..........

[/quote]

How much was his own fee ?

i'd like to know

1. How much was the agent fee ?

2. How much OTHER expenses did u incur ? you said he asked for more money ... ?

I have ordered 2 phones from different sites last month.

Their tracking status dhow following details "2015-08-11 11:26, The item has been processed in the country of destination"

I have called Pakistan Post at number 99211130 and they said the packages are currently in customs and they said will be delivered in 1-2 weeks.

So i want to know do i need a NOC to get the phones because i dont know if they are currently detained by the customs.

[quote=“asifsikander, post:54, topic:21343”]

I have ordered 2 phones from different sites last month.

Their tracking status dhow following details "2015-08-11 11:26, The item has been processed in the country of destination"

I have called Pakistan Post at number 99211130 and they said the packages are currently in customs and they said will be delivered in 1-2 weeks.

So i want to know do i need a NOC to get the phones because i dont know if they are currently detained by the customs.

[/quote]

sometime people get lucky and it get delivered directly to their home by postman, other time custom call them and ask them to obtain NOC from PTA, just wait and see in what category of people you will be listed.

Today i received this letter from pakistan post.

letter_zpsiact5pok.jpg

So now i have to go airport customs office to get customs authority letter for my parcel and then send these 2 letters to PTA for NOC?

Anybody know custom office timing?

Finally, i got my both packets with mobile.

That was pretty quick.. What was process and cost of phone and the custom duty?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

[quote=“asifsikander, post:56, topic:21343”]

Today i received this letter from pakistan post.

letter_zpsiact5pok.jpg

So now i have to go airport customs office to get customs authority letter for my parcel and then send these 2 letters to PTA for NOC?

Anybody know custom office timing?

[/quote]

I got a similar letter as this one. What to do next? Anyone?

yeah share your experience how much you paid as custom duty or any other charges??