How to get NOC from PTA? - Mobile shipped via USPS now stuck at Karachi Airport

Do the same restrictions and heavy customs duty apply on phones delivered via China / Singapore air mail and DHL?

If yes, then honestly there is no point left in buying mobiles online :angry: . PTA should at least realize that it is really easy to change IMEI of even QMobile and other phones available in Pakistan. I, therefore, see no point in this NOC requirement.

I agree, there is one point in buying online, this shirt rule means they can keep our mobiles hostage.

The rule applies to any and all mobiles that are imported via any shipping company.

please bhai check pm

did you payed any fess for NOC ?

Hi All , I send Used phone by FedEx and it got stuck in custom now FedEx is asking Imei number but my problem is I don't have Imei number , I don't know how to get NOC from PTA , any help will be appreciate.

[quote=", post:23, topic:21343"]

please bhai check pm

[/quote]

Checked, replying here.

[quote=", post:24, topic:21343"]

did you payed any fess for NOC ?

[/quote]

No, I did not pay an fee for the NOC.

[quote="Help, post:25, topic:21343"]

Hi All , I send Used phone by FedEx and it got stuck in custom now FedEx is asking Imei number but my problem is I don't have Imei number , I don't know how to get NOC from PTA , any help will be appreciate.

[/quote]

Is the phone in its original packing? If yes, the customs will open the box and copy the IMEI number from the box, if its not in its original packing, I have no idea what to do there.

[quote="Help, post:, topic:"]

I have some question if you can answer it might resolve issue

Did you email PTA to get NOC ? If yes then what information u provide in email ?

And when u get NOC letter , was you provided Imei never was mantion in letter and when u went to pick the phone did custom officer check Imei with phone and letter ? Thank u so much for your help please reply me at ur convenience thanks you

[/quote]

No, I emailed PTA to get the information, and then sent all the required documents via TCS to them. Everything is mentioned in the OP.

The letter has the IMEI number mentioned on it. The custom already know the IMEI number as they open the package and see the box/mobile take the IMEI number and make the custom letter. You need the custom letter to get the NOC. See the requirements I mentioned. Here is how it goes.

1. Mobile arrives at Pakistan Post airport office.
  2. Pakistan Custom detain the parcel.
  3. Pakistan post sends you letter that your parcel has been detained by customs.
  4. You goto the airport and the custom guy opens the parcel, see's the mobile and the box, copies the IMEI number and creates the 'custom letter'
    1. custom guy then seals the parcel with your signature.
  5. You TCS all the documents to PTA (see OP) including the letter from Pakistan Post (step 3), and custom letter (step 4).
  6. Once PTA receives the documents, you get an SMS on your mobile with a number.
  7. You can then call PTA (if your lucky) and get them to FAX you the NOC, or wait for the letter to come via post.
  8. You take the letter and give to customs.
  9. Customs releases the parcel to Pakistan Post.
  10. Pakistan Post then delivers the parcel to your home the next day. When the post guy comes he will come with a letter which will tell you how much duty you have on your mobile, you pay that and get your parcel.
  11. The End.

Sample NOC I picked up online, mine was the same.

Excellent detailed answer. Very helpful.

Thank you.

[quote=“armada, post:15, topic:21343”]

He could be taking selfies in bathroom

[/quote]

we are neither spanish nor french, our selfies are not that good.

bhai please r

[quote="BlueClub, post:26, topic:21343"]

Checked, replying here.

No, I did not pay an fee for the NOC.

Is the phone in its original packing? If yes, the customs will open the box and copy the IMEI number from the box, if its not in its original packing, I have no idea what to do there.

No, I emailed PTA to get the information, and then sent all the required documents via TCS to them. Everything is mentioned in the OP.

The letter has the IMEI number mentioned on it. The custom already know the IMEI number as they open the package and see the box/mobile take the IMEI number and make the custom letter. You need the custom letter to get the NOC. See the requirements I mentioned. Here is how it goes.

1. Mobile arrives at Pakistan Post airport office.
  2. Pakistan Custom detain the parcel.
  3. Pakistan post sends you letter that your parcel has been detained by customs.
  4. You goto the airport and the custom guy opens the parcel, see's the mobile and the box, copies the IMEI number and creates the 'custom letter'
    1. custom guy then seals the parcel with your signature.
  5. You TCS all the documents to PTA (see OP) including the letter from Pakistan Post (step 3), and custom letter (step 4).
  6. Once PTA receives the documents, you get an SMS on your mobile with a number.
  7. You can then call PTA (if your lucky) and get them to FAX you the NOC, or wait for the letter to come via post.
  8. You take the letter and give to customs.
  9. Customs releases the parcel to Pakistan Post.
  10. Pakistan Post then delivers the parcel to your home the next day. When the post guy comes he will come with a letter which will tell you how much duty you have on your mobile, you pay that and get your parcel.
  11. The End.

Sample NOC I picked up online, mine was the same.

[/quote]

bhai please read my pm

[quote=", post:29, topic:21343"]

bhai please r

bhai please read my pm

//bhai any fess of NOC letter ? please tell

i am already post it pending to moderator//
//bhai can you please send me your NOC letter. becuase i am also in karachi. and want to kwn what write in your noc letter
To,
and CC or can you please tell me this.
regard//
//bhai can you please send me your sample of noc letter//
//please send me your noc pic i really need sample of noc for karachi airport bhai please//
[/quote]

There are no fees for the NOC letter. Here is a copy of my NOC letter.

I am so sorry for the late reply.

[quote=“BlueClub, post:30, topic:21343”]

There are no fees for the NOC letter. Here is a copy of my NOC letter.

I am so sorry for the late reply.

[/quote]

bhai ya application letter nahi noc letter jo apko pta ki tarf se mila wo please scan kar ke send kar de

I'm having the same issue.. Bought a Nokia Lumia 920 and have found out that the airport customs cleared it on 6th August (order date was 15 July, came late due to Eid); but there is an internal Customs department made inside the GPO office which withholds cellphones nowadays (btw I imported two lesser costing phones for free earlier without any issues earlier this year on seperate occassions)

Have known that RISHWAT can do the trick but I'm trying to get it cleared for free because duties are charged on new phones not the old ones or refurbished ones, and mine is a refurbished piece.. .

Will keep you guys updated once I get the situtation finalised! Fee Amanillah :)

EDIT:-

Just received a more expensive LG Optimus G just now at my home! (order date was 7th August 14)

lol @ bathroom.... maybe the mobile phone was bought for some "ME ME" time in bathroom.

can any one plz help me how to write ltter to pta for noc and how can i get custom letter plzzz reply fast

i send my mobile with origional packing now i dont have imei can any one plz help me how can i get my phone imei

4500 paid as custom duty, What was the mobile set price? In total, how much you paid ?

so we actually have to pay custom duty too?! wth

has ANYONE RECENTLY ordered any mobile phone from China ? did they have to pay any custom fees? anything?

how did they get it?

another coward policy against terrorism, this is not how terrorism can be stopped unless you take ground actions and do the real work

i just want a good priced phone import from china. All i am afraid of is the blasted tax duty from PTA. i want to know how much will it be for a 200$ phone import from chinA!

What is

• AWB No.

and isn't maximum duty on mobiles phones around 1000?

-