How to get NOC from PTA? - Mobile shipped via USPS now stuck at Karachi Airport

I got a mobile phone delivered via USPS, and is now detained at Karachi Airport by the customs. Since the PTA has implemented a new policy, all mobile phones imported need an NOC from them. I will not be able to get my hands on the phone unless I get that NOC.
I have been trying hard to contact PTA over the phone, via email, and have searched online for help. I can not find a procedure that will allow an individual to get an NOC. On the PTA website, the procedure mentioned is for companies that import mobiles in bulk, so that is not relevant to my case. The guys over at the airport told me that individual people have been getting NOCs from PTA and they have been releasing mobiles based on that.
Is there anyone here who have had an experience, or knows how to get an NOC from PTA?
Update 1 (07/18/14):

So the email to PTA finally bears fruit. Not sure why, but people who have successfully received the NOC, on different forums (PAKG, etc), have been very reluctant to pass on the correct information. So let me pass on the correct info.

I need to send the following documents by post to PTA.

1. Application for NOC.
  2. Contact Detail;
    1. Name
    2. Postal address.
    3. Mobile no.
  3. Shipment documents (copy);
    1. GPO letter
    2. Customs authority letter
    3. Invoice
    4. Complete and correct IMIE No.
    5. AWB No.

Post to;

Director (Numbering & Type Approval)

PTA Headquarters, Sector F-5/1, Islamabad.
Phone: 051-9225325
Fax # 051-9225359
I am missing the shipping documents, have 3.4, and 3.5, but need the rest. I will update this post, with dates of documents sent and received, once I receive the NOC.

PTA has an office in Karachi, did you contact them ? This NOC is something which you can't get on phone or email. I would suggest you to pay a visit to PTA office.

PTA Zonal Office,
Wireless Compound, Opposite JPMC,
Rafiqui Shaheed Road, Karachi, 75530.
Phone : +92-21-35680101
Fax : +92-21-35680640.
Email:
karachi@pta.gov.pk

[quote=", post:2, topic:21343"]

PTA has an office in Karachi, did you contact them ? This NOC is something which you can't get on phone or email. I would suggest you to pay a visit to PTA office.

PTA Zonal Office,

Wireless Compound, Opposite JPMC,

Rafiqui Shaheed Road, Karachi, 75530.

Phone : +92-21-35680101

Fax : +92-21-35680640.

Email: karachi@pta.gov.pk

[/quote]

I never thought of that, though from what I have heard, only PTA office in Islamabad is authorized to issue NOC, but I will go there just in case tomorrow.

Please update if you get any info.

So the email to PTA finally bears fruit. Not sure why, but people who have successfully received the NOC, on different forums (PAKG, etc), have been very reluctant to pass on the correct information. So let me pass on the correct info.

I need to send the following documents by post to PTA.

1. Application for NOC.
  2. Contact Detail;
    1. Name
    2. Postal address.
    3. Mobile no.
  3. Shipment documents (copy);
    1. GPO letter
    2. Customs authority letter
    3. Invoice
    4. Complete and correct IMIE No.
    5. AWB No.

Post to;

Director (Numbering & Type Approval)
PTA Headquarters, Sector F-5/1, Islamabad.
Phone: 051-9225325
Fax # 051-9225359

I am missing the shipping documents, have 3.4, and 3.5, but need the rest. I will update this post, with dates of documents sent and received, once I receive the NOC.

Hmm... Dumb policy, they need to implement it on those who import in ***** BULK *****, not individuals and has this step been taken to stop import of Chinese phones which have no traceable IMEI?

^^what you will do with those Dumb terrorists who terrorize Karachi day in day out ?

Blueclub, can you please post the link PTA's site, where it mentions NOC is required? and any idea if this has been implemented for tablets too? (Tablets with IMEI?

[quote=“Joker, post:8, topic:21343”]

Blueclub, can you please post the link PTA's site, where it mentions NOC is required? and any idea if this has been implemented for tablets too? (Tablets with IMEI?

[/quote]

I do not have a link where it says that, its all over the news if you Google it, plus the fact that there are multiple people stuck in this dilemma. I do not know it its on tablets as well, my guess is, if it has GSM (SIM) capability it probably requires an NOC.

[quote=“BlueClub, post:9, topic:21343”]

I do not have a link where it says that, its all over the news if you Google it, plus the fact that there are multiple people stuck in this dilemma. I do not know it its on tablets as well, my guess is, if it has GSM (SIM) capability it probably requires an NOC.

[/quote]

any thing which has IMEI # will need PTA NOC

I also have the same issue.

Two of my phones are stuck. -.-

let me know once you get your noc!

So running after GPO and customs I was able to get the letters (GPO letter & Customs letter), sent them to PTA via TCS, I received a text message that my request was received when the letter was received by PTA. I was then able to call them and get them to send me the approval via fax first. Everything went fine, as luckily I was able to get a hold of them via phone after the letter was received.

My OnePlus One is with me now :)

How much you paid for it. Including custom.

One more unrelated question “why you took picture of your mobile in bathroom?”

Just what I thought when I first saw it, why of the all places a bathroom. Was there any lighting issue ?

He could be taking selfies in bathroom

bedrooms usually have more lighting yousaf. i wonder if there is any other problem. :D<_<

[quote=", post:13, topic:21343"]

How much you paid for it. Including custom. One more unrelated question "why you took picture of your mobile in bathroom?"

[/quote]

[quote="yousaf465, post:14, topic:21343"]

Just what I thought when I first saw it, why of the all places a bathroom. Was there any lighting issue ?

[/quote]

[quote="armada, post:15, topic:21343"]

He could be taking selfies in bathroom

[/quote]

[quote="tufail_74, post:16, topic:21343"]

bedrooms usually have more lighting yousaf. i wonder if there is any other problem. :D<_<

[/quote]

The duty was 4,500, and that is not the bathroom, lol. I live in a rented apartment, and that is the main entrance to the appt, it is tilled.

please see ur message and please tell me NOC procedure.. Thanks...

Thread pinned.

[quote=“jaguaryouaf, post:18, topic:21343”]

please see ur message and please tell me NOC procedure.. Thanks...

[/quote]

Replied.