How to get mobile unblocked

I have a mobile, left it accidentally in a Taxi, the good taxi driver returned the phone...

but by that time I had called at CPLC and got my mobiles IMEI blocked

I tried to get the phone unblocked but the people at CPLC were making excuses like you should fax and then call to confirm, if the fax is received...then they were like the ID card isn't clear in the fax

then i got another phone, now its been a year but I need that phone now

so whats the procedure to get the phone unblocked ?

change ur IMEI

Go to their office, reveal your affiliation to Altaf, Zardari or Rehman Malik and your phone would be unblocked before you leave the office. ;)

On a serious note, follow the procedures they lay down. If they hassle you too much, go speak to the top guy there. Use the "media threat" to your advantage if needed. Wear a suit and refuse to speak in anything other than English.

man the main problem is that im in Islamabad and CPLC is in Karachi. I can't go there or else I would have definitely got the phone unblocked.

as far as the change IMEI thing is concerned, thats the last resort

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Go to their office, reveal your affiliation to Altaf, Zardari or Rehman Malik and your phone would be unblocked before you leave the office. ;)

On a serious note, follow the procedures they lay down. If they hassle you too much, go speak to the top guy there. Use the “media threat” to your advantage if needed. Wear a suit and refuse to speak in anything other than English.

[/quote]

+1

Wear a suit and speak only in English. Must have complete papers (CNIC ID Card, photo of ID card attested by gazetted officer, receipt of purchase of phone etc. etc.). Speak with confidence and if nobody listen then go talk to “superior”.

man the main problem is that im in Islamabad and CPLC is in Karachi. I can’t go there or else I would have definitely got the phone unblocked.

as far as the change IMEI thing is concerned, thats the last resort

[/quote]

Write an application and send it with registered mail (not ordinary mail, you must send it with registered mail and get receipt of receiving from your local GPO).

Application should be clear, concise and must contain on one page with large font (Arial 14 is good, Arial 12 is OK), if application goes on two page then it is okay too. You must attach all papers with your application:

* On a plain paper written from a Class A gazetted officer that “he knows you personally and you are of a good character citizen”. Signed by Class A gazetted officer and stamp by his “By-Name” Stamp. This is a character certificate for you.

* Attested (by gazetted officer with his “By-Name” Stamp.) photocopy of your CNIC ID card.

* Photocopy of your purchase receipt of phone.

* (MAYBE) Photocopy of purchase receipt of SIM.

* Anything else that is needed, attached photocopy of that too.

* Remember to threaten them to solve the issue within 30 days or you’ll go to Wafaqi Mohtasib (Ombudsman) of Pakistan.

Copy (CC:) your application and all attached papers to Chairman of PTA, Federal Minister for IT, Prime Minister of Pakistan. Write down on the end of application that you are CCing all these parties. By the way, threat of Wafaqi Mohtasib usually work.

Wait for 30 days and if they do not solve it then write an application to Wafaqi Mohtasib. He will put halter on their head. If he doesn’t do anything then do following.

Wait for 4 weeks (after writing to Wafaqi Mohtasib), then get any cheap lawyer, give him Rs. 1000 or Rs. 2000 fee, and send a legal notice with all legal threats to remove your IMEI number within 30 days. Again CC to Chairman of PTA, Federal Minister of IT, Prime Minister of Pakistan. But this time also CC to Editor of Jung newspaper, Editor of Dawn Newspaper and any other two more Urdu newspapers.

Now wait and watch, usually it comes good. If not then write a petition to High Court of Pakistan. And drag the chairman/head/who-ever-controlling-that-department to court. Court will summon him from Karachi to Islamabad and he will be on his knees.

That’s how you deal with them.

write a petition to High Court of Pakistan. And drag the chairman/head/who-ever-controlling-that-department to court. Court will summon him from Karachi to Islamabad and he will be on his knees.

That’s how you deal with them.

[/quote]

sounds good :P

Dude. Wampyr gave u a good reply but if its really irritating to do all this, if you have any friend in karachi who has some joints in saddar, your mobile will b unblocked by just changing imei. Mention your phone model may b i can help you from here. If its SE. It will take 5 mins.

Other wise if you dont have anybody in karachi, send it to me. I will get it unlocked :-)

^Whats the process of changing IMEI? Looks Engel is an expert in it. hmmmm

^^ there are boxes like ultimate box, jaf box that are used to change IMEI

in some phones you can change it yourself by using codes and connecting it to pc and using softwares like phoenix, nemesis

have a look at gsmhosting.com, unlocking section

well I did it the CPLC way, and was told that your request is forwarded and by friday your handset will be unlocked