How to extend WiFi range?

A.A

I am using the router provided by PTCL (Sagemcom F@st 1704) for SmartTv and Broadband. I have placed it on the ground floor and I have connected an old TP Link WR740N router to extend the Wifi range but I am still only getting a very weak signal in some places on the first floor. What is the best way to extend the range of WiFi signal without using any extra cables?

1) Range Extender

2) Should I get an 8dbi or 9dbi antenna instead of the 5dbi one ?

Additionally is there any way to use my Tp Link WR740N to extend the range without any wired connection with the Sagemcom 1704 router.

1 - Buy a better router with known good range; rated 300Mbps or better using 2T2R or better radio chipset.

2 - Change antenna with one having higher gain and determine best angle through trial. Alternatively, if the router is located in a corner of your premises and your router has external antenna connector, you might want to consider using a patch antenna for directional propagation. e.g. Patch antennas

3 - Use a reflector with or without the higher gain antenna like those found here.

4 - Get a wireless repeater/range extender.

I should add that ideally, the wifi router is placed as high as possible, i.e. not the ground floor.

[quote=“Asad, post:2, topic:20724”]

1 - Buy a better router with known good range; rated 300Mbps or better using 2T2R or better radio chipset.

2 - Change antenna with one having higher gain and determine best angle through trial. Alternatively, if the router is located in a corner of your premises and your router has external antenna connector, you might want to consider using a patch antenna for directional propagation. e.g. Patch antennas

3 - Use a reflector with or without the higher gain antenna like those found here.

4 - Get a wireless repeater/range extender.

[/quote]

Thanks a lot :)

Which is the most economical solution out of all these? :P

[quote="SupMA5TER, post:3, topic:20724"]

I should add that ideally, the wifi router is placed as high as possible, i.e. not the ground floor.

[/quote]

Yes, It should be :(

But I have it on the ground floor because of the TV.I am using SmartTv as well. :mellow:

[quote=“A_h_m_a_d_17, post:4, topic:20724”]

Thanks a lot :)

Which is the most economical solution out of all these? :P

[/quote]

Use a DIY reflector with existing antenna. Cost of materials plus your time.