How to equalize charge on two battery UPS

I am using 2 battery ups and form start 1 battery is at higher voltage and it always stays at higher voltage.

How can I equalize voltage on both batteries.

which ups r usin ? i mean its local made ..... pak cheen dosti or a branded one ...... n wot do u mean by higher voltages from day one ... two batteries means ur UPS is a 24v dc ups ......

It is homage , 24 volt.

I think when I bought new batteries the one of those was not fully charged.

What r the dc volts of batteries

Individually n collectively

at fully charged one was above 14 and second was below 13.7

Wow 14v!!! That is sumthin ... neways its just a small fraction of difference. U shudnt worry at all. R u worried abut ur backup or u r curious about this difference?

Wow 14 is good or wow 14 bad :)

I want both to be at 13.7 at fully charged.

I am worried that one battery always gets overcharged and other one never get fully charged.

whats the highest chargin current of our ups ? kindly check the chargin current ov ur ups. As ur two batteries are installed in series thn thy should hv shown same volts while chargin.

Shuffle your battery position.. the battery on red wire always get more volts than black wire, thats how it is and you can just shuffle them every 6 months and it will be fine.

1 Like

[quote=“APC_UPS, post:8, topic:21991”]

whats the highest chargin current of our ups ? kindly check the chargin current ov ur ups. As ur two batteries are installed in series thn thy should hv shown same volts while chargin.

[/quote]

10Amp , yes batteries are in series.

[quote="farhan_ds, post:9, topic:21991"]

Shuffle your battery position.. the battery on red wire always get more volts than black wire, thats how it is and you can just shuffle them every 6 months and it will be fine.

[/quote]

Thank you. I will do that.

Also do one thing. Switch the ups to battery mode n with the help of probes ov meter check the droping voltage ov ur 14 volt battery. if the volts decreases drastically thn this one is a bad battery. Check the voltage of both batteries so that u cud b able to no that which battery decreases the volts in a fast pace.

1 Like

it can be controlled in 4 batteries , but in 2 batteries there is only one option that is to change the position of the batteries after a few months .

change the position of battery one to battery 2 and , 2nd to 1st place .

1 Like