How to disable cd rom from opening

i have a computer, my younger brother is always running cheap cds ,games, movies, it could contain virus, .......

how can i disable cd rom drive from opening, but do not want to display message of "admin password" ,because then h'will know i have done it,

also not ,cd drive/properties/disable ,as he can enable it again easily ,

please suggest a secret method by which he is not able to open cdrom drive.

thanks!

simply unplug the cd/dvd rom power wire inside the cpu and tell your bro that " oh! God, Cdrom burnt this morning" :D

I think it can be done by using group policy editor. Did it once but have forgotte how. Have you googled it?

^ search for a software named "hidemydrive" on torrents, dload its latest and cracked version. it will let you disable/hide any drive* on ur PC with password protection.

* Your any/all optical drives as well as ur HDD partitions.

If you can't find it, just let me know.

its good ,but how to not prompt any message requiring password ,not password protected ,coz he will know its me ,

If your saying what i think ur saying than NO this software doesn't prompt for anything.

Its simple you install the software, run the interface which lets you show/hide/disable/enable ur drives by drive letters and lets you select a password for protection. Mind you that password protection is for the software interface not for the drives. meaning after selecting a password, when you open the interface it will than ask for a password so you can show/hide/disable/enable ur drives.

hidden drives will NOT prompt for anything cause they are NOT shown for anyone to click in first place.

IF you disable ur optical drive(s). It will show in "my computer" but upon clicking it won't prompt for anything either. though u can open the tray of the optical drive and even insert a CD/DVD but it will not boot or show contents.

Just install the software. and u will understand how it works. OR else i am still here :)

کو چھپانے کا اکسیر نسخہ آگیا آگیا CD-ROM آگیا آگیا

Oh! I thought i was selling it in bus! :P

Ok now the method:

Right click My Copmuter>Properties>Manage

A new window named "Computer Management" will appear Then:

STORAGE>DISK MANAGEMENT> select your CD/DVD right click it "Change Drive Letter And Path..."

Click the remove button. Close the Computer Management.

Open the windows explorer you'll not see your drive! TADA!!!!!!!!!

To get it back follow the steps and Click "ADD" button where you click the "REMOVE" button. And its done.

Up to you Ani

thanks!

excellent ! now one more thing i dont want him to open some websites ,how can i disable internet temporarily ,not some common disable because he will know ,is there a software which displays message of connection error for restricted websites ,an undetectable :)

^I am 100% sure that he will check your history of browsing and will visit this forum to get assistance in unblocking. :D

Such restrictions can never solve the problem. Let the youth do what they want to do. Experience is the best teacher.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^I am 100% sure that he will check your history of browsing and will visit this forum to get assistance in unblocking. :D

Such restrictions can never solve the problem. Let the youth do what they want to do. Experience is the best teacher.

[/quote] x2

so you are saying that a 12 year old should spend 4 hours daily on computer , just for watching voilent videos and games , and that i as a university student should have no hope/right of working on computer ! right that is what you r saying!

we have only one computer in home , so my work is increasing day by day. :(

Well opendns is one solution. You may get a custom message.