How to develop messengers?

hi everybody,

I want to know that how the messengers like rediff bol etc are developed,

@on what platform they develop tsuch type of messeengers?

@another thing is that in rediff and yahoo they uses Email ID.. IS it possible to develop a installation messenger with only chat ID not using Email ID?

@Why there are only few messengers on net like yahoo,aol,msn and rediff?

thanks

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I want to know that how the messengers like rediff bol etc are developed,
[/quote]

Instant Messenger are develop in computer programming languages.

@on what platform they develop tsuch type of messeengers?
[/quote]

If by means of platform you mean machine then they are 99% develop on machine (computers) like you are using yourself, that is IBM compatible personal computers. If by means of platform you are asking for Operating System then they are usually programmed in Windows platform but some are written and complied in Linux too.

@another thing is that in rediff and yahoo they uses Email ID… IS it possible to develop a installation messenger with only chat ID not using Email ID?
[/quote]

Yes there are some messengers that does not uses email as ID but an username.

@Why there are only few messengers on net like yahoo,aol,msn and rediff?
[/quote]

No there are lots and lots of instant messengers. Some with all bells and whistles, and some with just for chatting.

The IMs you had mentioned (Yahoo, AOL, MSN, Rediff) are famous in Pakistani market (and they are mostly used for English chatting).

There are more famous IMs like:

Tencent QQ = 783 million active accounts (world’s most used IM, even more than MSN Yahoo etc.)

Gadu-Gadu = 6 million active accounts

PSYC = 1 million active accounts daily

I bet you have never heard of Tencent QQ, even though it has more used than MSN and Yahoo combined. :)

If you looking to develop an instant messenger youself then first of all you are going to learn computer programming. :)

Google is your friend. ;)

Instant Messenger are develop in computer programming languages.

If by means of platform you mean machine then they are 99% develop on machine (computers) like you are using yourself, that is IBM compatible personal computers. If by means of platform you are asking for Operating System then they are usually programmed in Windows platform but some are written and complied in Linux too.

Yes there are some messengers that does not uses email as ID but an username.

No there are lots and lots of instant messengers. Some with all bells and whistles, and some with just for chatting.

The IMs you had mentioned (Yahoo, AOL, MSN, Rediff) are famous in Pakistani market (and they are mostly used for English chatting).

There are more famous IMs like:

Tencent QQ = 783 million active accounts (world’s most used IM, even more than MSN Yahoo etc.)

Gadu-Gadu = 6 million active accounts

PSYC = 1 million active accounts daily

I bet you have never heard of Tencent QQ, even though it has more used than MSN and Yahoo combined. :)

If you looking to develop an instant messenger youself then first of all you are going to learn computer programming. :)

Google is your friend. ;)

[/quote]

tonnes of thanks for reply…

Can you please tell what sort of Programming I have to learn , AS I AM VERY BEGINNER I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT PROGRAMMING…

Uncountable users for Yahoo! messenger and very light weight messenger with cool emotions and environments feature can make your instant messages more cool and fun it also has Chat rooms with every life related discus categories share upto 1GB file with your friends and it has Radio built-in and many more plug-ins Avatars offline messages much more features...i am lovin it since 10 years.

hundreds of Yahoo engineers involved to built it

Uncountable users for Yahoo! messenger and very light weight messenger with cool emotions and environments feature can make your instant messages more cool and fun it also has Chat rooms with every life related discus categories share upto 1GB file with your friends and it has Radio built-in and many more plug-ins Avatars offline messages much more features…i am lovin it since 10 years.

hundreds of Yahoo engineers involved to built it

[/quote]

Can u plz answer my question above…

@ rashi

My guess is that mostly C/C++ are used in programming IMs. Maybe because I mostly use C/C++ for programming.

However, with the evident of .NET platform. You may write in .NET languages like C#. However, then users will need to have .NET framework on their network on their computers.

@ villageitboy

As of January 2008, Yahoo! Messenger has 248 millions active users globally.