How to Create WLAN?

HI,

I have 2 notebooks and a PDA, i want to share my WIMAX internet with my other WLAN Enabled devices, how can i go on about doing that? and should i get a Wireless Router of Access Point?

What i have:

2 Notebooks and a PDA WLAN ready.

The Area:

I want connectivity in 4 rooms and i have roughly estimated the area which is about 8-10 meters of radius within which i need WLAN connectivity.

I am on a tight budget so if you guys can suggest any good device (Make and Model) affordable device that'd be great, I'm looking to spend between RS 3,000 Or 40 USD.

P.S:-

Bear in mind that i mostly gonna be using the WIFI network for Surfing the web and checking my emails, Not gonna be using the WLAN network for heavy traffic like Multiplayer games or anything like that.

exactly you need a wireless router or atleast an wireless access point.

but go for a router i recommend as you can do more with it.

and you can get a TP-LINK router or access point within your budget.

didn't use TP-LINK's any product so cant give any recommendation.

d-link and linksys good routers also start approximately at Rs.4000/-

but wait for the TP-LINK recommendation. I think this is being used widely, now a days. and many of the users in this forum are using TP-LINK I guess.

Read Following link and you get your answer.

http://www.digitgeek.com/how-to-connect-two-computers-using-a-direct-wi-fi-ad-hoc-connection/

http://www.conniq.com/WinXPNetworking_wifi_direct_connection.htm

http://www.conniq.com/Windows-networking/wifi_ad-hoc_xp-setup_04.htm

bellskar and mfa6464 for your replies.

I have one question has anyone of you have used or know someone who have used TP Link's TL-WR542G? cuz im thinking about buying it.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

bellskar and mfa6464 for your replies.

I have one question has anyone of you have used or know someone who have used TP Link’s TL-WR542G? cuz im thinking about buying it.

[/quote]

Nope, I have not used nor know any one using same.

hi thanks for the help guys i ve setup my network thanks for the help bellskar and mfa6464, cheers

hello

i want to run two pcs in one building

what you guys think i should use TP link device ? or any wifi adsl router

which works best

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

hello

i want to run two pcs in one building

what you guys think i should use TP link device ? or any wifi adsl router

which works best

[/quote]

if there are just two computer you can just use crossover cable (note: crossover cable works just for two computer, for more than two you need a switch or HUB). this is the very inexpensive and effective way to transfer data over two computers. i am guessing you already have lan card installed in your pc’s since the Lan card is built in from Pentium 3 onwards.

hmmm I have networked 2 Laptops and a PDA using a TP-LINK WR340GD 54M WIRELESS ROUTER Cost me about Rs 2400/-, both Laptopns and PDA are WiFi enabled...

All i did was connect a Cat5 cable with Rj 45 connector with its one end in the wateen CPE, and the other end in WAN Port of Wifi router. And it worked (i changed the IP series and other configs) but basically that's what i did and it worked. Now i have connectivity in every room and also in the upper portion of the house.

Tip: Do search online about how to set up wifi network and what router is best suitable for your needs (even if you "know it all") It will help.