How to convert inventer into UPS

i have inverter at my home. i am using desktop computer at my home and my computer will always restart because of loadshedding. after research on internet i discovered that the inverter is not suitable for desktop computers because the computer will restart because of loadshedding if one is using inverter at his home and the desktop computer will not restart because of loadshedding if one is using UPS instead of inverter. my friend suggested me that purchasing the new UPS is not the good idea i am already using inverter in my home. i want to know that how can i convert my inverter into UPS? is it possible through configuration changes? which product or device is required for that purpose?

Buy a pure sine wave ups. ... its all about switching time .. ur computer switches off at 8 milli seconds n a pure sinewave ups takes 2 milli seconds. ...

This is all about the switching time only , Your inverter is taking more than the time the computer power supply needs , normally a 4 to 5 mSec .

there are 2 techniques to fix this but i dont know u will b able to do so or not .

Open the power supply of your PC and check the filter capacitors there , usually large in size and having value of around 300 micro farad , replace those 2 caps with the same VOLTS but with the higher capacitance like 500 to 600 uF .

by doing this your PC wont turn off when the ups was in the process of switching from KESC / WAPDA to battery . in sha ALLAH .

Next Method is change your inverter with the better switching time's one , no matter it is a sine wave or modified one . There is nothing to do with pure or modified sine waves here .

[quote=“hasanevanof, post:, topic:”]

i have inverter at my home. i am using desktop computer at my home and my computer will always restart because of loadshedding. after research on internet i discovered that the inverter is not suitable for desktop computers because the computer will restart because of loadshedding if one is using inverter at his home and the desktop computer will not restart because of loadshedding if one is using UPS instead of inverter. my friend suggested me that purchasing the new UPS is not the good idea i am already using inverter in my home. i want to know that how can i convert my inverter into UPS? is it possible through configuration changes? which product or device is required for that purpose?

[/quote]

Which computer PSU are you currently using?

There are three approaches for tackling this problem:

1 - Increase the holdup time of the PSU by either increasing the PSU output capacitive bank (excessive increase can cause issues) or using a branded and reliable supply having sufficient holdup time (15-16ms).

2 - Change your [offline] UPS. Alternatively, get an online type UPS instead which involves no switching delay.

3 - This one is a bit crude but should work. Leave existing UPS as is. Add a low wattage sine wave inverter (DC to AC only, no charging) on the same battery as the UPS but connect its AC output only to the computer. Using this option is dependent on the power your computer consumes, battery capacity and the type of UPS currently in use. The battery will be charged by the UPS while the computer will draw power from the secondary inverter without any switching delay.