How to connect CRT To PS3?

Any ideas? I think the method to connect PS2/X360/PS3 to the CRT would be the same because the cable is the same. Any idea's how i connect it to my CRT? I just want my console in my room.

Also another issue is about sound.. I dont want to spend extra on speakers either so any way i can use my normal desktop speakers too ?

buy a vga cable for it, may be?

I bought a Dany device for it.. works great but the graphics are poor.. I heard that graphics on CRT would be ok, but they are poor.. absolutely poor.. Is it because of the dany device or is it the monitor ?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I bought a Dany device for it… works great but the graphics are poor… I heard that graphics on CRT would be ok, but they are poor… absolutely poor… Is it because of the dany device or is it the monitor ?
[/quote]

Dany device!

if it would have been the monitor then your pc output quality would be rubbish too!

ah.. So that means i wasted 1000rs in buying Dany Device.. Any other suggestions? Is there any other way i can connect it to my CRT Monitor and Speakers?

ah… So that means i wasted 1000rs in buying Dany Device… Any other suggestions? Is there any other way i can connect it to my CRT Monitor and Speakers?
[/quote]

i think it would be hard to find!

you could try posting this question @ http://www.pakgamers.com/forums/

I don't think there are many PS3 owners on wiredpakistan...you would have better luck there I think...

Thanks firestorm..

They're saying the bad graphics are because of the crappy Dany Device im using.. They're suggesting i buy the 2000rs Vga box.. Hmm.. this is crap man i just spent 1000 on this Dany Device :(...

PS3 allows several options but the video quality depends on what you are using.

Composite Connection:

Most basic type of video connection and with lowest quality. This is what you get with Dany device

Uses only single cable identified by Yellow Connector

Component Connection (Sometimes referred to as Progressive Video by DVD Players):

Uses 3 cables for video signals. Provides Better quality than Composite. Cable connectors are Blue, Red, Green.

TV should support Component Connections.

S-Video:

Special connector with 4 pins in it. Video Quality is similar to component.

HDMI (with HDCP protection):

Best video quality. Can only be used with display devices with HDMI input like LCD/Plasma TV. Some LCD monitors have started coming with HDMI input as well. HDMI to DVI cables can be used for connecting standard LCD monitors but the monitor should support HDCP encryption otherwise it will not work

Standard desktop speakers will do but you will miss the 3-D effect.

VGA box recommended may or may not provide desired results. PS3 was designed for HiDef and HiDef display device is a must to fully enjoy the graphics power of PS3.

Hope this helps

Thanks alot kuya

Im a bit confused now what to do, to buy the VGA box or not because im thinking about saving up for a LCD monitor it would take some while though, around 3-4 months i will have to save to get a LCD..

HDMI enabled LCD monitor will cost much more. On Galaxy website, Viewsonic VX2835wm (28 inch) is listed for 49000. BenQ has a 24 inch LCD monitor with HDMI but I am not sure what is its price...I think it will be between 25K-30K.

Samsung 32" LCD TV has a promo offer 59,900. You may have seen it advertised all around Karachi. A sony 32 incher LCD TV is about the same price.

So it will take some time to save that kind of money unless you can get an interest free loan from your father. :)

Benq 19" monitor with HDMI is about 17000/-. i purchased one for my friend a few months back in 16800/- from AGN Computers. AGN is the sole distributor of Benq products.

Well as farrukh said, Benq FP94VW is HDMI enabled and well it doesnt cost 17000 bud its 15000 here at galaxy shop. So i could buy that.

But i have heard that its better to buy a DVI enabled LCD which is DHCP complaint and then get a HDMI to DVI converter and then use it. There wont be any major difference in quality whether i use a HDMI enabled monitor or use a DVI monitor and just use a HDMI to DVI converter.

Well as farrukh said, Benq FP94VW is HDMI enabled and well it doesnt cost 17000 bud its 15000 here at galaxy shop. So i could buy that.

But i have heard that its better to buy a DVI enabled LCD which is DHCP complaint and then get a HDMI to DVI converter and then use it. There wont be any major difference in quality whether i use a HDMI enabled monitor or use a DVI monitor and just use a HDMI to DVI converter.

[/quote]

DVI is standard for LCD. FP94VW would have a DVI by default, HDMI is bonus ;)

Enjoy!

well if you want a tv tuner which is good for gaming buy the pixelview playbox you can find the price on galaxy website in the tv tuner category, i went to pixelview website and they say that it provides very good audio and video quality.