How to Configure Static IP on Wateen's WiMax Gateway Router

Hi All

I have just purchased a Static IP saperetly from wateen.

and using a 512K link on WiMax.

I got WiMax Gateway Router with the package.

what actually wateen does when you get a Static IP, just manually configures it on your PC that is connected with the router. and they do some other settings on thier side so that your router does not automatically assigns local IPs to PCs any more which are connected to it.

and for that reason all other PCs connected with the router just can not serve internet any more.

because the router just listens a specific IP settings that is what you configure on a PC according to wateens' instructions.

what I was assuming before having that static IP was just to that the static IP normally be configured on the Router and router assigns the local IP range to the connected PCs.

and now that is not the case

I just can use internet on a single PC that is configured with that Static IP but others can not use internet on other PCs

do any one have some idea how do I configure that static IP on the WiMax Gateway Router?

ONE THING, I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT PC TO PC INTERNET SHARING. I JUST DONT WANT TO DO THAT KIND OF THING.

I JUST WANT THE ROUTER TO SERVE THE INTERNET ALL OF THE CONNECTED PCs

AND ONLY A SINGLE PC WILL BE THAT ONE, TO WHICH THE ROUTER WILL FORWARD ALL THE REQUESTS (PORT FORWARDING)

I hope it makes any sense.

Thank you

When u buy a static ip ur ip will be assigned will be assigned from wateens end u wont have to configure anthin

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

When u buy a static ip ur ip will be assigned will be assigned from wateens end u wont have to configure anthin
[/quote]

Thank you craig.

I got a fix, that didn’t ever want to do. but I would like to share here.

first I thought the device they give with the package WiMax Gateway CPE will work like a router.

Why I thougt about that because the CPE is not just a modem, it performs much operation what a normal modem doesn’t.

I was just looking for a solution that I could configure it on that device. But unfortunately the device is not actually a router.

so these here are the two fixes (that I never wanted to do. but I have to.)

I must put a router there and configure it.

OR

the other one is listed above (making the configured PC a server)

thanks for your reply.

what are the charges for getting a static IP address?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

what are the charges for getting a static IP address?
[/quote]

1000 Rs cash per IP per year

May be following conditions lie.

If you buy a bundle package of internet.with the

11 postdated cheques or full payment once, for a year.

Not sure about the the conditions

I subscribed with 11 Post dated cheques.

thnx, i bought a bundle package, i'll confirm soon