How to configure Router with EchoLife HG510a

Hey guys! I just switched from worldcall to ptcl again and I would like to know how to configure my router (Linksys WRT 150N) with this modem. Internet is working fine when i connect cable through modem but when I connect it through the router I only get a lan connection and not an internet connection. I changed connection type to PPPoE on the router and added the username p/w but its not working. Can someone please guide me on how to setup the router. Thanks in advance!

Well my figured to setup this router by calling PTCL guys for settings.

And B.T.W you can check the manual and pdf help and troubleshoot disk provided along with the device....

That's it from me. Wait a while, till some-one other read this thread and guide you with exact steps....

Dude just share your internet connection with lan.. that would do... To share.. go to the sharing option in the connection settings and share it with LAN users.

Can anyone help me with the Huawei HG510 modem? First I was Using Huawei MT880 which i successfully configured it with my Tp-link WR530 Router it it worked fine without any problem. Few Days back my modem just started to drop connections. I called PTCL for help and they changed my modem and in replacement gave me Huawei hg510. i tried the same method to connect my router with the modem but it didn't worked. I can connect just one pc at a time with the modem's available lan ports. if i tried to connect two pc's at a time one pc gets connected and the other gives limited or no connectivity. i tried to connect with the tp-link network router but it didn't work. Can anyone help me out with this?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Can anyone help me with the Huawei HG510 modem? First I was Using Huawei MT880 which i successfully configured it with my Tp-link WR530 Router it it worked fine without any problem. Few Days back my modem just started to drop connections. I called PTCL for help and they changed my modem and in replacement gave me Huawei hg510. i tried the same method to connect my router with the modem but it didn’t worked. I can connect just one pc at a time with the modem’s available lan ports. if i tried to connect two pc’s at a time one pc gets connected and the other gives limited or no connectivity. i tried to connect with the tp-link network router but it didn’t work. Can anyone help me out with this?
[/quote]

Reset your TPlink Router and do the same procedure again as u done it before

K dear i hope you have basic information regarding network configuration. Any router could be integrated with PTCL provided ADSL modem. The default IP setting for PTCL ADSL modem is following

IP Address: 192.168.1.1

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

The default gate is the adsl modem IP address 192.168.1.1

In your link sys router configure the device ip address as following

IP address: 192.168.1.2

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

If the default gateway option is available give 192.168.1.1 else just give the start ip address of devices to connect form 192.168.1.3 onwards.

Now the the laptop or desktop being connected to the system using linksys must be given manual ip adress because for DHCP setting their default gateway is linksys router and we need it to change it to PTCL ADSL modem. So on the computer give following setting in the network settings

IP address: 192.168.1.X ( x is from 3-254) give different ip address to different computer devices

Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Also give dns information as

Prefered DNS: 208.67.222.222

Alternative DNS: 208.67.220.220

Save the setting and enjoy the internet connection via router.