How to compress 1GB data into 10 MB

AOA,

Is there any software which can compress 1GB data into 10 MB ?

Compression ratio depends on the kind of data that u r trying to compress. If the data comprises only of files like text files or MS word files etc, then u can achieve high compression ratios, but if the data to b compressed is some files like audio or video files, then they can't b compressed much.

use KGB archiver

http://kgbarchiver.net/

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

AOA,

[/quote]

No and there wont be any in the future too

^people are able to compress even 2.7 GB Windows OS to like 100 mb. If you haven't seen this, then this doesn't mean it is not possible

AOA,

[/quote]

That’s not possible in lossless compression unless that data is filled with Zeros (or any other single byte).

^people are able to compress even 2.7 GB Windows OS to like 100 mb. If you haven’t seen this, then this doesn’t mean it is not possible
[/quote]

I choose to differ because it’s not possible to compress losslessly the 2.7 GB Windows DVD into 100 MB. Nope, that’s not possible.

^well there are some versions of Windows and MS Office floating around in forums which have been compressed like that. I have not tried any of them, but people are posting those here and there so probably they are working.

^people are able to compress even 2.7 GB Windows OS to like 100 mb. If you haven’t seen this, then this doesn’t mean it is not possible
[/quote]

If it was Vista, they probably got rid of the Visual goodies and a few drivers. It is really difficult to compress already compiled EXEs and DLLs into more compact files without decompiling them.

Dear Check This software

Download Now

i do agree with wampyr!

i do agree with wampyr!
[/quote]

Thank you :) At least somebody appreciated :)

The max compression I have seen is 64K file extracting a 500 Mb music wav format file or even little larger at times, but most probably its not compression rather some algorithm generating the file on run time during the extraction process based on some mathematical data pattern stored, you guys may have heard about 64K animiation competition in Germany , some thing I came across years back in my student life, it was amazing to see the kind of animiations they had done in only 64k size files.

The max compression I have seen is 64K file extracting a 500 Mb music wav format file or even little larger at times, but most probably its not compression rather some algorithm generating the file on run time during the extraction process based on some mathematical data pattern stored, you guys may have heard about 64K animiation competition in Germany , some thing I came across years back in my student life, it was amazing to see the kind of animiations they had done in only 64k size files.
[/quote]

That is possible if that WAV file has large number of repeating bytes or repeating pattern of bytes.

But it will not be possible to compress an MP3 file of size 500MB to 64KB. Because MP3 files are already compressed.

just think a little about what compression is and u will come to know what u will lose after compressing DVD's....

dude 10gb to 10mb not even close.... the best comression i have ever seen is 2cds decompresing a 5.4gb game... and even that was done by a fool cuz first we had extract a rar file in a folder then that file decompressed the game in an ms-dos window it took about 1.5hrz to decompress tht... so i wud say its not possible... but i will agree tht u can compress 10gig file a maximum of 7-6gigs not less than tht....

added:

and even tht is the best case scenario... meaning as other members said it doesnt have many DLLs and EXEs and have repeated patren etc etc etc....

those games and softwares are RIPPED or PORTABLE versions, not full versions.

& if you are still impatient, you might not have to wait much longer.... check this link : 300 DVD's in one DISK