How to charge 12 volts battery from 24 V solar Panel with PWM?

Assalam o alaikum wa rehmat ULLAH .

Any trick from which we can charge a 12 volts SINGLE 100 amps battery from a Single 24 volts solar panel With PWM charger ?

actually dont want to buy a mppt one .

jazak ALLAH for the suggestions .

Nadeem Ahmed

yes... just connect everything and it will work AUTOMATICALLY...

consult your contoller manual for wiring instructions.. that is all you need..

farhan_ds

[quote="farhan_ds, post:2, topic:21552"]

[/quote]

My son loves to go on hiking and camping, he has 6v SMD light and Battery, and some other instruments means portable speakers tourches etc, will you please guide me, about the small solor panal almost 12volts. through which he can easily charge his things from it and carry it, where ever he wants to go.

Thanks for the reply ,

handy solar charging kits are available , buy one for the hiking .

Thanks

there are solar powered kits in small camping utility sizes available in most markets nowdays.. just visit your local hyper mark or an electronics market where they deal in solar and you will find lots of handy options.

[quote=“farhan_ds, post:2, topic:21552”]

[/quote]

mean a 200 watt 24 volt panell with pwm cc will not harm a 12 volt battery?

it all depends on charge controller .

"I" never said that u simply attach ANY value of power panels to a 12 volts battery .

usually PWM are not that much efficient as mppt controllers are .

a good PWM charger will not harm or kill the 12 Volts battery (if u r attaching 200 watts 24 volts panels) but a LOT of yes a LOT of power will b wasted FOR SURE which u r getting from the panels as PWM chargers are not that much efficient and they simply cant AMPLIFY the CURRENT by reducing or enhancing (step up / down) the voltage and excrete the current (juice) from the input of panels .

So it is NOT "wise" to attach 24 volts panel on 12 volts battery WITH PWM CHARGER .

either u need to buy one more battery and make the system 24 volts (battery bank) and then this PWM will work good (but still not like mppt) .