Government of Pakistan
DIRECTORATE GENERAL OF IMMIGRATION & PASSPORTS
Ministry of Interior
WEBSITE DATED: oct2010
The applicant will go through the following stages at Regional Passport Office (RPO) in order to get the Machine Readalbe Passport (MRP):
NOTE: Before arrival at the Regional Passport Office (RPO), Original Bank Challan receipt must be acquired from the relevant branches of the National Bank, by depositing an approprate passport processing fee
o Arrival of Applicant at Customer Service Counter. Process Flow Chart
o Token Counter.
o Biometric Data Capture.
o Photograph Capture.
o Data Entry.
o Verification against Office Record.
o Interview and Decision by Assistant Director.
o Collection of Passport.
Step 1 - Arrival of Applicant at Customer Service Counter
* The applicant will approach the customer service counter at Regional Passport Office.
* Applicant will be guided about the process flow of the System for applying the passport.
* In case the applicant has all the requisite documents he/she will be guided to the Token Counter.
* Separate passport will be issued to each and every applicant irrespective of age.
* ALL SORTS OF ENDORSEMENTS INCLUDING NAMES OF CHILDREN IN PARENTS PASSPORTS IS PROHIBITED in the Machine Readable Passport.
Step 2 - Token Counter
* The applicant will produce the original CNIC or Computerized Registration Certificate, in case of below 18 years of age, along with its copies and Bank Chalan Form.
* Token will be issued to the applicant.
Step 3 - Biometric Data Capture
* The applicant after obtaining token will approach the Biometric Counter as soon as his token appears at Biometric Capturing Counter.
* DEO at the Counter will capture his right thumb, right index finger, Left Thumb and Left index finger impressions.
Step 4 - Photograph Capture
* The applicant will now approach the photograph center as soon as his Token No. appears on Picture Counter.
* The Camera operator will proceed with capturing of applicants photograph.
Step 5 - Data Entry
* The applicant will move to the Data Entry Counters as soon as his token number appears on the Counter.
* The Data Entry Operator will enter all the required data of the Applicant while the data entry screen will also be visible to the Applicant.
* In case of any modification in data the Applicant should guide the Data Entry Operator accordingly. After the data entry the completed Data Entry Form will be printed by the operator and will be presented to the Applicant for verification.
* The Applicant will verify all its contents by signing the form.
* The applicant will be asked to collect duplicate token from the coordination assistant next to data entry counter.
* NOTE: ANY CHANGE IN THE DATA SHOULD BE POINTED OUT AT THIS STAGE. ONCE THE INFORMATION HAVE BEEN SAVED, FOR ANY MODIFICATION THE TOKEN WILL HAVE TO BE CANCELLED AND THE APPLICANT WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE WHOLE PROCESS AGAIN. IN CASE OF "GO AHEAD" BY THE ASSISTANT DIRECTOR NO CHANGE IN THE DATA WILL BE POSSIBLE AND THE APPLICANT WILL HAVE TO REAPPLY FOR THE PASSPORT BY SUBMITTING THE FEE AGAIN UNDER THE MODIFICATION CATEGORY.
Step 6 - Verification against Office Record (ECL/BL)
* The verification against office record will be carried out.
o Verification against Exit Control List (ECL) and Black List (BL).
Step 7 - Interview & Decision by Assistant Director
* Finally the applicant will appear before Assistant Director when his token appears on AD counter along with all the original documents.
* The Assistant Director will interview the Applicant and declare his verdict to the applicant weather his case is to be allowed or overruled.
* Assistant Director will defer the case of Applicant below 18 years of age and will handover the printed form to the applicant for attestation of his photograph from a Class 1 Govt. officer.
* The attester will have to write his/her CNIC No. along with the official stamp on the form.
* On production of completed form by the applicant previously deferred Token will be reactivated.
Step 8 - Collection of Passport
* After successful completion of above stages, the Applicant will be given:-
o 12 days time to collect his/her passport; in case of normal passport.
o 05 days time to collect his/her passport; incase of urgent passport.
Regional Passport Office
PROCESS FLOW CHART
Process Flow Chart