How much should this CPU and mobo sell for?

AoA everyone,

I'm not sure this is the correct section, but since I'm not actually selling it here I figured it shouldn't be in the Buy/Sell forum. So anyway, I have an Intel E2160 CPU bought from Galaxy in July 09 and an ASUS P5B-MX/WiFi-AP motherboard, also bought on the same date as the CPU. I'm upgrading both these components and wish to sell them. Thing is I don't have much of an idea how much it should go for. The CPU obviously still has almost 2 years of warranty left (Intel products have 3 years warranty right?). At the time of purchase both these cost Rs.9000 totaled. So do you think 5k would be a reasonable demand?

Here's a specs sheet of the mobo (no longer in production so doesn't have a page on the ASUS site):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-P5B-MX-WiFi-AP-Motherboard-Definition/dp/B000MV5T6C

And the CPU (also no longer in production):

http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=29739

Thanks in advance.

if the processor is from marsons and has original validation card then yes,,,it should have 3 year warranty

which city are you located at,,,i was looking for a motherboard like yours and if you are interested i may buy it from you...

you can email me at if interested

hawk77ff3@hotmail.com

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

AoA everyone,

I’m not sure this is the correct section, but since I’m not actually selling it here I figured it shouldn’t be in the Buy/Sell forum. So anyway, I have an Intel E2160 CPU bought from Galaxy in July 09 and an ASUS P5B-MX/WiFi-AP motherboard, also bought on the same date as the CPU. I’m upgrading both these components and wish to sell them. Thing is I don’t have much of an idea how much it should go for. The CPU obviously still has almost 2 years of warranty left (Intel products have 3 years warranty right?). At the time of purchase both these cost Rs.9000 totaled. So do you think 5k would be a reasonable demand?

Here’s a specs sheet of the mobo (no longer in production so doesn’t have a page on the ASUS site):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-P5B-MX-WiFi-AP-Motherboard-Definition/dp/B000MV5T6C

And the CPU (also no longer in production):

http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=29739

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

Why you are selling this ?? is there any prob. any issue ??

and will you send the snaps of this? Original Snaps…

i’m interested in to buy this one for my uncle

I'll talk about this further with you guys in a few days, once I get my new E6500 and G41 chipset (don't wanna be without a functioning PC for that long :D)

@jack: I'm from Karachi as well.

@empty.khan: As already mentioned, I'm upgrading both these components. And no, there aren't any problems with any of these. One possible flaw might be that 1 out of the 4 SATA connectors on the mobo might be faulty. Last year I was having HDD issues with my WD 640GB drive. To be certain that the drive itself is at fault, I changed the SATA cable, SATA power connector, and mobo slot to which the HDD was connected all at once; since then I've had zero problems with that drive. So it could be the mobo slot, or it could be the SATA cable or power connector I was using as well. Either way this shouldn't be a problem at all unless you want to connect 4 SATA devices to this. And yes I will provide pics as well.

Rs. 5k is definitely a very reasonable demand. Your mobo is of an older chipset or you could have asked for more for it. The CPU you have is often sold at 3-3.5k in the 2nd hand market. Regardless you can enjoy a quick sale if you ask for Rs. 5k total.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I’ll talk about this further with you guys in a few days, once I get my new E6500 and G41 chipset (don’t wanna be without a functioning PC for that long :D)

@jack: I’m from Karachi as well.

@empty.khan: As already mentioned, I’m upgrading both these components. And no, there aren’t any problems with any of these. One possible flaw might be that 1 out of the 4 SATA connectors on the mobo might be faulty. Last year I was having HDD issues with my WD 640GB drive. To be certain that the drive itself is at fault, I changed the SATA cable, SATA power connector, and mobo slot to which the HDD was connected all at once; since then I’ve had zero problems with that drive. So it could be the mobo slot, or it could be the SATA cable or power connector I was using as well. Either way this shouldn’t be a problem at all unless you want to connect 4 SATA devices to this. And yes I will provide pics as well.

[/quote]

tell me the full configuration of this system and m waiting for snaps… buddy :)