How much does dualshock3 (usb) costs in pindi?

i wanna use it on my PC .. i need the usb one. how much does it cost if i buy it seperately. (i dont have a ps3) ..i am currently using a dualshock2 on my pc with a converter.

Why you want to get a DS3 anyway? I mean are you sure the vibration functions will work on the PC?

I dont know about its price in pindi but its official price is around 60$ which is around 3600rs.

alamode, i dont want the BlueTooth one, i guess the 3600rs is for the wireless one. i wanna use the wired (USB) one. and well, i dont need the vibration function caz i play Tekken3, Tekken4 etc only. my DS2 is working fine, but i want to get DS3 caz ...erm, i dunno, i just like it :P

I wasnt aware that there was a Wired controller? Even the DS2, i think its wireless.. Im surprised that there are wired PS3 controllers :S....

Never heard of them.

I connected my PS3 controller (wireless) through USB and instaleld drivers and it worked.

The ps3 was launched with the Six Axis controller, im not aware if there's a wired edition of it.. I've only seen the wireless one. You can use it as wired or wireless its upto you. You can connect it through the USB to the computer as i had done.

Im pretty sure there's no wired DS3 controller.. But you can use your wireless DS3 controller. Thats whats my knowledge is on this subject :).

And hey, Do the vibration functions work?

ok, i think i've been mistakengly calling teh DS3 wirless being connected as usb AS WIRED, which is theoretically correct but anyway, the vibration function isn't supported at the moment, although the DS3/SixAxis works both via USB and BLUE TOOTH, which is great, although many ppl are reporting issues setting the pad up, so i am hesitant to investing around 3K on something which might not run well....

the SixAxis function is working preliminiarily ok.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

ok, i think i’ve been mistakengly calling teh DS3 wirless being connected as usb AS WIRED, which is theoretically correct but anyway, the vibration function isn’t supported at the moment, although the DS3/SixAxis works both via USB and BLUE TOOTH, which is great, although many ppl are reporting issues setting the pad up, so i am hesitant to investing around 3K on something which might not run well…

the SixAxis function is working preliminiarily ok.

[/quote]

Yeah, i dont really think you should. Its probably a waste of money. You’ll get the drivers… I dont know about DS3 but for Sixaxis i found the drivers easily. Not sure if the same Sixaxis drivers will also work on DS3. Anyway even if you get it working im not really sure if Vibration and Sixaxis features are going to work on the PC and secondly, i dont think any game would make use of the Sixaxis feature in the PC.

So whats the point of the upgrade?

yeah, i agree with the waste of money part.

As for the six-axis support, its working now as i said earlier (but preliminary, the home-brew scene is pretty active these days and improvements are made on daily basis) but then again, no pc games are gonna use those, but using the DS3 as ur mouse is pretty hot, you can use six-axis for that. i watched this video on youtube yesterday, its pretty fun, playing with the six-axis.

Vibration for DS3 may be supported in a couple of weeks (months, may be), i guess i'll wait,

if the support gets well enough, then i'll get the DS3..... mainly because then i can play wirelessly, sitting a 5,10 feet away from my screen. alamod, temme, is the DS3/six-axis USB_rechargeable from the PC?

I havent used the DS3 but the SixAxis controller was rechargeable from the PC so im guessing the DS3 wont be any different.

Yeah well using it as a mouse could be kind of cool but it wont be really easy.. will take some time getting used to :D..

well, you've got the six-axis, just go to ps2dev.org's forums, go through the whole usb/bluetooth DS3/Sixaxis connection thread, it was 8,9 pages yesterday, download and try the latest drivers (i am asuming you've got a bluetooth dongle :P if you've got a ps3).... share your experience here about it, afterward.... waiting.

Actually havent got a blue tooth device but i did use the controller through USB once. I dont really play alot on the PC because my PC isnt good enough to play games like Crysis or Assasins Creed so i didnt use it alot on the PC.

MAN!!!! how do u use ps2 controller on ur pc??? tell me tell me :P ... i will love to connect it to my p.c .. :) .. and i think ps3 controllers didnt have vib function :S .. yeah may b the new one does.. the one that is very expensive.... ps3 controllers are not wireless. u can get the wired ones.. HELLO? plz dnt post stuff if u dnt know the reality. tell me am i wrong?

MAN!!! how do u use ps2 controller on ur pc??? tell me tell me :P … i will love to connect it to my p.c … :) … and i think ps3 controllers didnt have vib function :S … yeah may b the new one does… the one that is very expensive… ps3 controllers are not wireless. u can get the wired ones… HELLO? plz dnt post stuff if u dnt know the reality. tell me am i wrong?
[/quote]

I own a PS3 buddy.

PS3 controllers are wireless, you CAN connect them through USB if you want though they also have a USB port through which they can be recharged. I’ve used my wireless sixaxis controller on my PC via the USB wire.

Plus its an original controller, all original controllers of the new console cost almost the same. When the PS2 first released im sure it’s original controllers were also quite expensive. If you want to buy a jaali Controller you can easily get it in 500rs. I’ve never heard of a “Wired” PS3 controller. Even if there is one in existance, i dont know about it. All PS3 controllers are wireless and can also be connected through USB cable if you want.

And the new PS3 controller Dual Shock 3 has got vibration function. Sixaxis didnt.

As for connecting PS2 controller to computer, I think you need a USB adapter for that. I havent done but im sure abbas will help you out.

... well when ps3 came out the most basic version didn't had any wireless.. dude i am so sure here.... it said no wireless controller.. and yes wireless is good but i dnt like them cuz we have to charge them plus i dnt like jali things tht much.. i will rather get original thing.

… well when ps3 came out the most basic version didn’t had any wireless… dude i am so sure here… it said no wireless controller… and yes wireless is good but i dnt like them cuz we have to charge them plus i dnt like jali things tht much… i will rather get original thing.
[/quote]

i think u have some wrong info coz when the PS3 came out one of its most highlighted features were the wireless controlers

so they were wireless from the start

… well when ps3 came out the most basic version didn’t had any wireless… dude i am so sure here… it said no wireless controller… and yes wireless is good but i dnt like them cuz we have to charge them plus i dnt like jali things tht much… i will rather get original thing.
[/quote]

Yeah buddy. You need to get your facts straight. Would help if you could give us some link to support your claims?

Do you even know for how much long a wireless controller runs once charged fully? It runs for atleast 7-10 days if you play it daily. It has around 30 hours of Battery Life buddy and charging the controller fully only takes around 1 hour. You can plug it and play it together if you want so that it can recharge while playing.

MAN!!! how do u use ps2 controller on ur pc??? tell me tell me :P … i will love to connect it to my p.c … :)
[/quote]

basically you need a PSX-to-usb converter (i’ve got a 2-in-1 one, which lets me connect two DualShock2s to my PC (so i can play tekken against my friends, both using Dualshock2s))

the Converter can easily be obtained from game-shops (selling PS2s/Xboxes), i got mine from imperial market rawalpindi for 400 Rs (that was last year).

as for the DualShock, you can get a genuine (not the chinese-made-cheap-copies) for 400-700rs.

Be careful with those BTW, caz they’ll try their best to sell you the cheap copies, the difference b/w the 2 is minute, but you’ve gotta check the keys and check their softness and stuff.

your pc will detect a joypad when you insert the converter, …depending on whether you get a 1:1 joypad converter or a 2-in-1, you may or may not get the vibration function.

i asked the guy today.. he said its available but didn't find any.. i askd the pice he said its 250 or 300. i am gona pay 250 only.. not a fool.. he then got on my head saying.. get the original pc game pads.. they were of course Chinese but were for pc.. the no analog non vibra was 350 and all features was of 550.. i sad sorry dude it looks like #$%# plus i am happy with sony's dualshock... lets c when the converter comes.