How many years have you been using the internet?

i started in mid 2001 (10.5 yrs) although my phone line installment date is 12 April 2001

1999 I guess....

1997...Nexlinx Dial-up Packages. Ah! remeber those days...When actually had to go and get an account established. 700Rs/Month for i guess 15hrs or something...Then WOL, Brain-Net and so many others....Old times!!!

I think so I started using net when I was in matric and started using with Paknet and WOL :)

[quote=“Mazahyr, post:3, topic:16303”]

1997…Nexlinx Dial-up Packages. Ah! remeber those days…When actually had to go and get an account established. 700Rs/Month for i guess 15hrs or something…Then WOL, Brain-Net and so many others…Old times!!!

[/quote]

:o 1997 i think that time internet users could be countable to exact figure

Around 2004 I think :)

[quote=“armada, post:5, topic:16303”]

:o 1997 i think that time internet users could be countable to exact figure

[/quote]

Exactly! and now running out of bandwidths and IPs…just a matter of 14-15yrs

I started in 2004 and it got me 2 years to figure out how to create an email account....! :D

1995. Used WOL & Paknet most of the time.

[quote=“jDk, post:9, topic:16303”]

[/quote]

?

I thought Internet started to happen in PK in 1997 and onwards…

No '95 is about right. We had text based internet back then and we would login through HyperTerminal. Good days! Paknet was cheaper than Brain (something like 40 rupees an hour though or something like that) and people used corporate/dummy/other people accounts all the time. You could spend a really long time trying to dial the dialup number, but a workaround for this too was found where you managed to get 'inside dial up numbers'. Ptcl has always maintained a colorful internet history ^_^

jDk - remember using other peoples 'nui' phenomenon back then? :D

1994, I was out of country at that time

So who remembers the good old 'kazaa' days.... man it used to take all night just download 2 mp3 songs.

Golden times!

[quote=“jDk, post:9, topic:16303”]

[/quote]

1995 :blink:

I started using internet in 2001. My internet use was very limited that time. I used Rs 50 and Rs 100 cards from Nexlinx, Go Net, WOL, Xcess, Brain..... many others

Ah I remember, hotmail inbox limit was 1.4 MB and Yahoo was 4MB

1996 - Paknet. Good old days when we were proud that our internet speed is 1.00 KB/s. lol

[quote=“armada, post:14, topic:16303”]

1995 :blink:

[/quote]

I’m 30 years old mate :P. Do the math :D. Kazaa is still new. I remember using Napster & other very good software “Audiogalaxy”. Audio galaxy was miles beyond Kazaa. It had a very good search system. You just queried the song, the software automatically download that for you. Ah, the good old days :). I feel old.

Paknet was cheap but noticeably slower. WOL, on the other hand was quite expensive but fast. I had used 14.4k, 28.8k, and 56k US Robotics dial up modems. It was an experience of a lifetime :P. I remember paying 100+ per hour for an internet hour back then :P

^

Couldn't agree more jDK

I also obtained internet hours from 0900 ***** numbers and then got punished and kicked out from home over huge amounted bills :D and later my parents locked phone set in huge box :D

^

Lol armada but I bet this never happened to you...

There was a death in the family, a very close relative died (2003-2004). we didn't had cellphones in my immediate family, didn't need to... so our relatives kept on calling us on our PTCL line via their PTCL line and cellphones starting from 2am but our line was busy and kept on busy as I was using internet via dialup (had 100Rs 'tiger' internet cards which gave me 1am to 9am free every night for whole month).

I still remember the door bell at about 8am (I was still using the internet) when one our relative came over to our home and told us about the death and asked why your phone has been busy all night? we kept on tryin calling you all night, Oh and we are done burying the deceased as the funeral was at 7am.... (it was summer days)

and then I heard my father calling my name in an angry voice.... :(

I can't tell you nothing further but I had to face my father and every relative who had been tryin and call us....

But what I can tell you is that I was still using internet after 3 days after all those imposed restrictions :D