How many use twitter here?

Hi,

i recently joined twitter and was wondering how many ppl. here use twitter??

Thanks.

I use here.

Follow me on @ahaseeba

Just asking because i don't know much about twitter, do ppl. use single account to follow all different fields or do ppl. have multiple account?

Like for eg. i am a big technology and soccer fan, so should i follow everyone in just one account or does having different account makes any sense?

Thanks.

Depends, I use one account . But i dont follow randomly. I just follow the people I really follow. Not just for the sake of following

The reason i asked is coz i am following christiano ronaldo and engadget, and they don't have anything in common :)

I am more into following blogs, companies plus few ppl.

For ppl. that i already know like friends and family i have Facebook.

Depends on your purpose for being on twitter and whats important to you

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Depends on your purpose for being on twitter and whats important to you
[/quote]

exactly my point, already have phone, email, facebook for friends and family.

with twitter i think i will try something new.

Twitter is kinda over hyped thing. I believe I would go back to the real world soon. Its gets over. I feel so outdated when I get the happenings in technology world

Like for eg. i am a big technology and soccer fan, so should i follow everyone in just one account or does having different account makes any sense?
[/quote]

You don’t need to make multiple accounts.

By the way, I am a big tech and football fan too :D

http://twitter.com/ko

http://twitter.com/wiredpak

^^ your Id is very small and could be worthy !

I use twitter. Its more suited for mobile use I think. I see no purpose of using it on my laptop. Its basically "Status Update + Link Sharing" thing. Nothing more than that. Twidryod was the best app for Android, unfortunately Twitter blocked for violating policies, so I am not using it any more. :)

should i follow everyone in just one account or does having different account makes any sense?
[/quote]

You can follow everyone with one account. Just create lists and put them in relevant list. This way when you select one list e.g. Tech you’ll see all tweets from thos who are in Tech list.

You can follow everyone with one account. Just create lists and put them in relevant list. This way when you select one list e.g. Tech you’ll see all tweets from thos who are in Tech list.

[/quote]

wow…that’s a great tip, i was wondering what the list option is for but never really figured it out.

Thanks alot. :)

Why use twitter if the same thing can be done in a more friendly way with images/media in Facebook.

Their is a big difference between both of them. Twitter is made for a specific niche !

twitter is free on zong and jazz (thru sms - only one sms will be deducted from your sms pkg)

my id is nadsms on twitter

http://www.twitter.com/nadsms

Their is a big difference between both of them. Twitter is made for a specific niche !
[/quote]

but if that specific niche can be served on facebook aswell, whats the point of using two different services. It’s just ridiculous or maybe im too dumb to understand twitter XD

Twitter takes time !

I am also taking time but trust me its pretty cool

but if that specific niche can be served on facebook aswell, whats the point of using two different services. It’s just ridiculous or maybe im too dumb to understand twitter XD

[/quote]

Twitter is different and very powerful. Short messages on any subject visible to all. For example search Karachi and you’ll see all messages mentioning Karachi being updated in real time; even from people you don’t follow. I don’t think you can do that on FB. I use search to monitor different objects. Its nice and easy to get updated on anything. Twitter is nowadays being used a powerful marketing tool rather than just a social network. Buy/Sell, Jobs, mini blog, share ideas/thoughts which can be picked by people who are interested.

BTW nothing is dumb. Every technology is different made for different people.