How many of you are Jobless or looking for job ? An analysis...!

i got addmission in mbbs after two year after fsc premed .but after looking at the condition of doctor in public hospitals . oonly 20000 salaries . i am very hopeless after 5 year hard study docters got that reward.

Well everyone seems hopeless here. Really sad to know about all of you. :-(

I am doing charted accountancy and quite hopeful that I will grab a 6 digit salary and there is no unemployment in this field. I just hope this field will remain like that until I will complete my studies.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Education : FSC (Pre - Eng) 2006

Working as Freelance Web Developer and Graphic designer , Earning 40-50 k / Month , will prefer Sucide over doing job in pakistan or Studying further …,.

[/quote]

Wicked. just goin to ask u for some guidance… do you think this field is saturated or is there still time for me to step into this field and flourish? I’ve some degrees in Graphic designing and web designing… and am quite keen in this field aswell.

I’ve designed some websites using Flash and dreamweaver when i was in the UK for some small comanies and earned 50-60 pounds for that, but then i got busy in A levels… now that i am free i want to come back to this.

Nd…

Noticing many engineers jobless here i think shud not go for engineering aswell… but it’s just my parents who want me to do engineering D: … Ah life can be so complex.

i got addmission in mbbs after two year after fsc premed .but after looking at the condition of doctor in public hospitals . oonly 20000 salaries . i am very hopeless after 5 year hard study docters got that reward.
[/quote]

Dunno y but i feel sorry for all the Doctors… they are so much focused on thier studies and all that and after getting MBBS degree all they do is open up a clinic in a small abadi.

Name: Kamran Shah

Family Background: Kashmiri

Present residence: Karachi, PK

Job Status: 100% secure for life (or as long as my god given brain is working).

Economic ups and downs impact: Literally none, Business finances and personal finances are planned in "always expect the unexpected" scenario, iron clad contingency plans and not all eggs in one basket formula.

Outlook towards life: Extremely happy and content. Most of all thankful to god for him to give me enough intellect to make most of whats around me rather than bitching and crying.

I would also prefer to die instead of doing a job or business with Pakistanis as "Xainnadeem" said.

My little Story:

I was actually in love with computer when I first saw it in my school in 1995, but it had just DOS. I belonged to a middle class family and lived in a small house in Township (Lahore). I insisted my parents to buy computer each day every day, when finally we purchased it in late 2002, but it was not for me, it was for my elder sister who needed it for her university assignments. It then changed my world completely, I started my college 'FSC' in 2003 and I could not focus on my studies except the computer subject, on First year 'Part I' exam I failed in 2 subjects but got 91% marks in Computer.

After that my parents pressured on me to focus on my studies, but I simply couldn't as I hated all the subjects except Computer and English. I said I just want to learn computer, nothing else, why do they (Authorities) force me to study what I do not want to study? I spent all my time learning web development, modeling on 3D Studio Max and playing with Photoshop, I was short on money as hosting and domains require cash, My pocket money was just Rs. 300 a month. Therefore I went to interview to net cafe and Pizza restaurant for part time job, but I changed my mind and did not go forward with it and borrowed some money. In late 2004 I received my first check from a U.S company, it was for online advertising revenue for my website, it was just $166.

A few months later I dropped out of college to focus only on web development, My parents were very much against my decision and were worried that what would I do without a degree in future. As all of my family members including cousins holds degrees from universities therefore I was an easy target for everyone, I even had to listen to that I will drive donkey carts collecting garbage in streets if I do not get some degree. But I kept my ground, and rejected further qualification. In late 2005 I received my second check of $200 and after that received check every month, This was because I partnered with a new U.S company. I kept working up to 17 hours a day, no games, no play nothing but work, I skipped a lot of meals back then. I only had a 70cc Chinese bike Metro and my family had Suzuki FX which was 21 years old.

In early 2006 my earning went in 4 figures U.S $ . As our car was dying, I leased a new Suzuki Cultus and I can't explain how happy I was. In late 2006 I purchased Honda Civic 1.8 manual for myself which was my dream car since my childhood. In 2007 I registered my business as company to avail tax exemption. From mid 2007 onward my earnings kept stable at $25,000 to $40,000 a month with 98% profit and mainly advertising revenue. In mid 2008 I moved to DHA (Lahore), my earnings dropped at the end of 2008 due to credit crunch and competition, but still kept stable around $10,000 to $20,000 a month. Now I have a new Audi, Land Cruiser and new Civic (for my father) in my garage. And I thank to Allah each day for this. All of my cousins are doing day jobs for less than 60,000 a month who taunted me all the time back then.

I by no means is bragging here as I don't even know you people. What I want to tell you from this story that you must do what you were born to do, Follow your heart not what other's tell you to do. If you love to do that is not normally accepted in your society, then just do it and you will have your reward.

Very inspiring story i must say Nabz. however i gues luck was on your side, cuz i know many enthusiasts who do not flourish like you did despite having full passion in thier respective fields.

Market situation is indeed poor at the moment. I am doing engineering from UET and the *engineers* who have recently passed are still jobless and there are no bright future prospects either!

^ Nabz, Wow Man you are great :P Care to share some tips for Newbies ?

That's inspiring, Nabz. Many of us here are computer enthusiasts but are lazy and victim of procrastination. I have just started an engineering degree from UET but as everyone else said, market situation is not good enough to absorb the flux of engineers that pass out every year.

So InshAllah I'll be focusing on my programming/coding and hope to become a freelancer if needed by the time I graduate. I had golden opportunity to become a master at programming when I was free for 2 years but I wasted that time and didn't get serious.

& Yeah do share some tips for the newbies :P

Nabz what's your main source of income? Is it blogs or affiliate marketing or freelance work!?

Good work by you by the way....it will give motivation to other people.

Education : FSC (Pre - Eng) 2006

Working as Freelance Web Developer and Graphic designer , Earning 40-50 k / Month , will prefer Sucide over doing job in pakistan or Studying further …,.

[/quote]

yaar chiknay how do you cope with loadshedding? I guess you have laptop with UPS and generator? I am also thinking of quiting my job (hate it) and start doing free lance and other work. I used to work on rent a coder (now called vworker) and did many projects but that was a couple of years ago.

But now aways loadshedding has increased a lot here in Karachi…and it will affect work I guess.

Nabz what’s your main source of income? Is it blogs or affiliate marketing or freelance work!?

Good work by you by the way…it will give motivation to other people.

[/quote]

yea Nabz share your source of income…

and awesome work dude… follow what you are born to do…

BBIT

3 years experience in Java/JEE/EGL/J2ME/Hibernate/Spring/Android Programming, Joomla/Alfresco/OpenBravo, Basic PHP, Basic COBOL, XML, Apache products, Mainframes(IBM iSeries, ZSeries) Netbeans/Eclipse/JBoss/RBD/EGL:CE and as IT support staff. Have a job, but still looking for greener pastures(More learning/programming), n more money.

Managed to grab a job, but its for mobile Development only, gave a few more interviews, waiting for their response. Pray I get a good learning job based on Enterprise products/Mainframes.

Ya know whats funny, I learned and worked on all those technologies, but somehow when I start working on them again, I cant seem to remember what I did earlier.....(I had forgotten what static variables were :( )

I would also prefer to die instead of doing a job or business with Pakistanis as “Xainnadeem” said.

My little Story:

I was actually in love with computer when I first saw it in my school in 1995, but it had just DOS. I belonged to a middle class family and lived in a small house in Township (Lahore). I insisted my parents to buy computer each day every day, when finally we purchased it in late 2002, but it was not for me, it was for my elder sister who needed it for her university assignments. It then changed my world completely, I started my college ‘FSC’ in 2003 and I could not focus on my studies except the computer subject, on First year ‘Part I’ exam I failed in 2 subjects but got 91% marks in Computer.

After that my parents pressured on me to focus on my studies, but I simply couldn’t as I hated all the subjects except Computer and English. I said I just want to learn computer, nothing else, why do they (Authorities) force me to study what I do not want to study? I spent all my time learning web development, modeling on 3D Studio Max and playing with Photoshop, I was short on money as hosting and domains require cash, My pocket money was just Rs. 300 a month. Therefore I went to interview to net cafe and Pizza restaurant for part time job, but I changed my mind and did not go forward with it and borrowed some money. In late 2004 I received my first check from a U.S company, it was for online advertising revenue for my website, it was just $166.

A few months later I dropped out of college to focus only on web development, My parents were very much against my decision and were worried that what would I do without a degree in future. As all of my family members including cousins holds degrees from universities therefore I was an easy target for everyone, I even had to listen to that I will drive donkey carts collecting garbage in streets if I do not get some degree. But I kept my ground, and rejected further qualification. In late 2005 I received my second check of $200 and after that received check every month, This was because I partnered with a new U.S company. I kept working up to 17 hours a day, no games, no play nothing but work, I skipped a lot of meals back then. I only had a 70cc Chinese bike Metro and my family had Suzuki FX which was 21 years old.

In early 2006 my earning went in 4 figures U.S $ . As our car was dying, I leased a new Suzuki Cultus and I can’t explain how happy I was. In late 2006 I purchased Honda Civic 1.8 manual for myself which was my dream car since my childhood. In 2007 I registered my business as company to avail tax exemption. From mid 2007 onward my earnings kept stable at $25,000 to $40,000 a month with 98% profit and mainly advertising revenue. In mid 2008 I moved to DHA (Lahore), my earnings dropped at the end of 2008 due to credit crunch and competition, but still kept stable around $10,000 to $20,000 a month. Now I have a new Audi, Land Cruiser and new Civic (for my father) in my garage. And I thank to Allah each day for this. All of my cousins are doing day jobs for less than 60,000 a month who taunted me all the time back then.

I by no means is bragging here as I don’t even know you people. What I want to tell you from this story that you must do what you were born to do, Follow your heart not what other’s tell you to do. If you love to do that is not normally accepted in your society, then just do it and you will have your reward.

[/quote]

Same case here buddy! But i am in early stage right now. :D . My short story:

When i was 17, i wasn’t much interested in studying science subjects and didn’t get interest ever that’s why my father just admitted me in F.Sc but i never take interest in it and i told him too and i won’t be able to do it but kept on saying that give attention and focus on your studies. I just couldn’t. And finally i failed in Maths in 1st year and in 2nd year i failed in Maths and Chemistry. I am always interested in Multimedia and Animation. I learned so much from Internet about it. Then after that i talked with my dad and indulge one of my cousin (who is running web development) business to convince my dad and now i am doing diploma in Animation which is a course of 2.8 years. My father said that you should do F.A instead along with it. My plan is different here too… I want to complete this course then go abroad (if possible) and do diploma in Animation and Multimedia Design from Malaysia. :)

Just quit my job and now I am going to do freelance and other things.

i do most of work myself and outsource some to coders from india and bangladesh :)

[/quote]

same here =) best job nowadays and i hope so in future too

Nice work Xain and Nabz

i m writing here after a long time,, this topic just caught my attention,,

to all the guys looking for jobs here.. improve your interpersonal skills and presentation skills. its not the degree that guarantees you the job, its your confidence that you have to show at the right place and at the right time. try to present yourself better than others and prepare for each interview according the employer.

Good resume plays a vital role,, good means that the content of the resume should match the requirement of the employer and all the extra details should be eliminated. As I see most of you guys are beginners here so your cv should not exceed one page.

feel free to ask any question.

^^ May i ask what whats the story behind your success bilalspc and your eligibility of offering career guidance?

Make money online/blogging/freelancer/adsense is the best career for pakistanis

I think that all the computer experts make their way . In case of only those who merely have good grades of may be degree and no technical knowledge lags behind