How many of the old members are still active

Hi folks. I just visited this site again after like a couple year. Went away in life when the site was down for many months.

Is anyone of the 2nd generation members still active, or at least silently active? Drop a line here to say hello to each other (and mention those you remember, including me if you do :slight_smile: ), and your thoughts about the past golden age of this forum.

At least I am still here along with Asad, Upsilon

Faisal, Armada, Shaukat and many many others are missing persons :smiley:

Good day. I remember you, and some other names are popping into my mind now as well, including vampyre (i think correct spelling?), unikorn, and Ahmsun, shiekh chilli etc. jDk was also a good forum friend.

Hey, welcome back. Some of us are still here, but not very active. I think the others have gotten busier in their lives, and the rest don’t even know that WP is back online. Perhaps eventually they might check back.

BTW, Ijaz already made a thread like this but didn’t got much of a response unfortunately.

Busy lives. Still check in daily for activity.

I’m just concerned that the owner (IIRC it was Khalid Omer) might decide to shut down this forum due to lack of activity… I hope that’s not the case though!

I am still alive.

A long state of coma does in fact, inflict heavy damage to activity. I was actually surprised to see this forum back when I visited last month.

Yes everyone has got busier in life. I guess this forum will be here for all of us to come back very actively, when we all reach our retirement age.

Glad to know that, @TechMan :smiley:

And with same Avatar :slight_smile:

There are only one to two new threads per week. So basically the WP never came back after it went offline. That’s the reason most of the users never came back.

Well Well Well … guys count me in too , It was a wonderful site , an addiction but it went down for no obvious reasons when it was blooming.Comeon lets make it back where it was , in those days it was giving tough times
To wccftech.

Glad to hear from you.

May be the whole concept of forums on internet is dying? Facebook groups and pages have risen tremendously in activity over the past few years and so has Reddit. On FB groups, we get replies within an hour at most.

And for technical questions, the content on sites like stackoverflow etc has grown exponentially as well.

So perhaps the popularity of thread based forums is not the same anymore?
What do the native members think on this matter? :smile:

It is true. Things evolve over time for better or for worse.

Facebook activity has risen you say? Well, I disagree. People are getting rid of FB at a rapid pace. Most of my friends & relatives are not on it anymore (i myself had left years ago). Nobody trusts FB anymore.

As for the lack of activity on these forums. Well, IMO the reasoning for that is that people have gotten accustomed to Google, so whenever they have a query, they look it up on the internet & get an answer 90% of the time, hence very few people make new threads & posts regarding their queries.

Still here…

Randomly decided to have a look at WP today. Uni and work took their toll.

Compared to 2012-2014, the Facebook activity from Pakistan has risen significantly. FB users from 2012 era might be leaving and are indeed doing so, but the number of new users from new mobile purchasers from the last two years alone have quadrupled the user base from PK. Compare the activity on videos, stories sale items, groups etc to see for yourself.

Hey. Nice to see you back.

We’ve all gotten busy mate, but it’s nice to catch up every once in a while.