How long u have been using Internet?

I am using Internet since 2002 ! & u ?

I am using internet since 1999

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I am using internet since 1999
[/quote]

Really whats your age mine is 15 years on 2 October

I am 18 years old.

1997, there was not much to do then. Yahoo loaded in 15 minutes on days you were lucky. But no doubt it was still fun staring at the internet explorer world that kept spinning.

since april 1998..

cafe...55 PK rupees per hour rate

My guess is around 1996 or whenever Omantel introduced Internet Access in Oman.

since 1999

I created my first Yahoo ID on 20th Feb 1998 so I am using it before that. Probably Since Feb 98 or could be 1997.

[/quote]

Omantel started to provide the Internet service in 1997.

Source: http://www.bankmuscat.com/bankMuscat_pressreleases23.shtml

[/quote]

My brother complains about their current high rates.

I am using (and benefiting from…?) internet since early 2000. That’s when I got a good 56k at home.

Left Oman a long time ago, a cursory look at Omantel's current rates makes me glad I am in Pakistan. Believe me, this is one of those rare times. =)

1997 or may be late 1996. I don't remember exactly. It was paknet dialup. Later switched to brain.net

somewhere in 2000 i guess =\

HAIL IRC

had email access ever since 1994 websurfing since 1996

had email access ever since 1994 websurfing since 1996
[/quote]

No, its your fake statement. At time i think nobody knows the word of Internet.

1999 or 2000 if i remember correctly..

I remember at that time Netscape used to be my favourite browser and I hated IE, you know why? Because in Netscape you could press open multiple windows by pressing Ctrl+N or double clicking on desktop icon :P ... and I didn't know that you can do the same with IE :D so I would open just one window, wait for the website to load, do my work, then open another website in the same window.

Also I would always on the look out for free dial up accounts. If my memory serves me right, I didn't pay a single penny for the first 1 or 2 years of internet. I would always get some account one way or another. There was a thing called multi-user accounts at the time and one of my mohalla friend had it from ISP ZOOM Net (around Rs.1000/month unlimited) and I used it a lot. It was an old style ISP where it would show a DOS prompt screen to login if you know what I mean.

Also I would get free SSUET account from friends and I remember one special Paknet account which was I guess in use by whole Pakistan :D I don't know if anyone else knows about it but I used that particular account for about 1.5-2 years. Sometimes it

would work without disconnection and other time it won't connect for even 5 seconds because of too many users connected simultaneosly. But I would keep trying ...keep trying....keep trying...some times for 40-45 minutes...wasting calls after calls....and hurling abuses :D ...like I am paying for it. This particular account if I remember correctly was in some doctor's name of Hyderabad.

Another friend of mine was in ISP Breeze Net and he would give me free accounts so I was quite a mufta you know :D

No, its your fake statement. At time i think nobody knows the word of Internet.

[/quote]

No, thats not fake. I clearly remember some companies giving email only access in 1994. Paknet started its internet operations in 1995.

My cousin was using email from some company for 300 per month with a 200kb limit hehe

*edit the email company was sdnpk. on their website they say they started working in 1993. http://www.sdnp.undp.org/stories/pakistan.html

No, thats not fake. I clearly remember some companies giving email only access in 1994. Paknet started its internet operations in 1995.

My cousin was using email from some company for 300 per month with a 200kb limit hehe

*edit the email company was sdnpk. on their website they say they started working in 1993. http://www.sdnp.undp.org/stories/pakistan.html

[/quote]

First dialup email service was introduced in the country by Imran-net. Later SNDP started it in 1993. But the first ISP which started proper internet service as we call WWW was DIGICOM and that was in June-July 1995.