How iit can possible hide int'l caller ID and show?

one of my friend of friend yesterday calls me from UAE to my cell number and his caller ID was a Pakistani number which was 0300 a mobilink num i am confused how it can possible a man who is living in UAE and showing his caller ID as a Pakistani caller ID any idea what was that trick? i haven't asked him!

Its not a trick,most international number don't show up on our CLI. Mostly they show as local numbers..

i think you friend is making calls through some illegal gate way exchanges :P thats what i think

its not him, but the his cellular company is providing services from illegal gateway... it can be netcard service as well...that he is using

Don't worry about it buddy may be ur friend has an international connection chip .......... cheer up now.

AoA.

Infact dear now a days most of the companies are providing international gateway traffic throught VOIP. For this purpose they are using Local SIMs or PTCL Land lind numbers to forward international traffic to Pakistan Land line and cell phone. So the international calls show local SIM or Land Line number when we receive international calls.

Babar Saeed

Telecom Engineer

www.aubitech.blogspot.com

When i get call from US and Behrain number appears with 0300 also,so now i got it why.

Thanks for sharing babarsaed

dear it is called interntionl roaming.... my frendz are in hajj n whn they calls me frm sadi arabi i cn c their 0300 number on my cli

not for you babarsaed.

but for all others.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
Infact dear now a days most of the companies are providing international gateway traffic throught VOIP. For this purpose they are using Local SIMs or PTCL Land lind numbers to forward international traffic to Pakistan Land line and cell phone. So the international calls show local SIM or Land Line number when we receive international calls.
[/quote]

you all dont need any other explaination of your query else than the above quoted text by babarsaed. he has answered simply and correctly. And you all probably know that what VOIP is.