How does this food processing/packaging technology work?

I've been recently consuming Mommy's Readymeals and I am amazed by the technology used. With a manufactured date of 2 months earlier, I tried their Chicken Ginger and Lahori Cholay and both had the freshness preserved; it was almost as good as freshly cooked.

Their website states:

[quote=", post:, topic:"]
Mommy's Readymeals use state of the art cooking technology, which is already popular in Europe. This advance technology locks-in Mommy's wonderfully fresh taste and quality of the premium ingredients without the use of preservatives. Because they don't need to be refrigerated until opened, Mommy's go where you go - to work, picnic or anywhere your day takes you.

We combine the art and science of food making, developing products through ardent experimentation. We passionately explore the taste, quality, and appearance until we find the perfect balance. Customers know they can turn to us for new and exciting product. Our success is not simply due to developing the right products. It's a unique combination of innovation and taste.

[/quote]

On packaging, they've mentioned that they treat the food to very high heat and extreme pressure. Why doesn't it burn :rolleyes: ? The foil pouch used probably does the magic part I think.

Anyone has an idea how does this work, exactly?

Edit: It's not an advertisement. Please don't bother to reply and let the topic fade away if you lack the relevant knowledge. :)

how much you are getting paid for advertising their products???
[/quote]

Cut the crap, pretty please! I’m genuinely interested in knowing more about this processing technology and any side-effects it may have. I’m health conscious but I do need some packaged food sometimes, right at home.

Plus, there’s a minimal, if any, benefit achieved by advertising at WP. There’s almost no search engine ranking for WP, nor is there an large active user base. What makes you think I would advertise on WP?

I’m an experienced web developer and those are the skills I utilize for earning, FYI. Back to the topic please.

Cut the crap, pretty please! I’m genuinely interested in knowing more about this processing technology and any side-effects it may have. I’m health conscious but I do need some packaged food sometimes, right at home.

Plus, there’s a minimal, if any, benefit achieved by advertising at WP. There’s almost no search engine ranking for WP, nor is there an large active user base. What makes you think I would advertise on WP?

I’m an experienced web developer and those are the skills I utilize for earning, FYI. Back to the topic please.

[/quote]

i wouldn’t pay any mind to him :)

Spring cleaning on the thread complete.

Some basic info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_packaging

Follow the external links to find more.

from what i know the packing of mommys food does the preserving part and when these items go bad the packet starts to stretch (phoolna sorry cant remember the exact word for it)

from what i know the packing of mommys food is the main thing here and when these items go bad the packet starts to stretch (phoolna sorry cant remember the exact word for it)
[/quote]

Yeah that’s true. The package advices to discard it if it gives a bloated look.

I still haven’t found any article that suggests any side-effects of consumption of packaged food. Maybe it’s good enough but it doesn’t seem so natural :lol: … I wonder if it’s as nutritionally rich as the fresh counterpart.

Download this book

Food Processing: Principles and Applications

Wiley-Blackwell | 2004-09-03 | ISBN: 0813819423 | 511 pages | PDF | 5,8 Mb

Link: http://depositfiles.com/files/4833609

Hopefully it will help you.