How does intel atom processor perform?

i want to know about the performance of intel atom processor in tasks like playing movies, mp3, internet, messenger, applications like photoshop, sony vegas and games like counter strike..and to which processor we can compare intel atom performance with?

Atom is lowest performing processor in Intel lineup. Core i7 is top end and Atom is bottom. Performance wise it sits below Pentium and Celeron and is meant to be used for word processing and general internet use and is not recommended for games and multimedia tasks.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i want to know about the performance of intel atom processor in tasks like playing movies, mp3, internet, messenger, applications like photoshop, sony vegas and games like counter strike…and to which processor we can compare intel atom performance with?
[/quote]

See this article on toms’ hardware comparing the atom to the 10 year old pentium 4:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/atom-d510-pentium-4-nettop,2649.html

Basically only the dual core atoms are worth buying over a used p4 system.

Atoms are fine for Movies, mp3s and internet use. However photoshop and especially video/audio encoding are processor intensive tasks for which atoms are poorly suited. Video/Audio encoding applications are multi-threaded and can take full advantage of multiple cores. So a quad core CPU would be recommended. If you tell us your budget and what parts you want to buy we can make a better recommendation.

i am buying a laptop and my budget is rs30k...only netbooks whth atom are available in this budget

^Buy a used one! You'll get Core2Duo 2.0ghz in this price range.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

i am buying a laptop and my budget is rs30k…only netbooks whth atom are available in this budget
[/quote]

You should really really raise your budget to 35k and you will get a core2duo in that price, Don’t go for intel atom mini laptops. They look sexy but your going to get fed up in 2 days when you will install some of your good applications you use.

Go for used 1 u will get a good dual core in dis range dnt go 4 atom atleast