How does 3G technology work?

Can anyone please explain how will 3G actually work? I mean do we have to buy new SIMs from Telenor, Zong... whoever wins the license or there will be some other method to get 3G?

Also, is 3G only for mobile operators and not for ISPs? Wateen, Wi-tribe... etc they don't have to do anything with 3G?

You will have to buy a new sim from the network that wins the bidding.

3G is not only for mobiles but for ISP's too and we already have that. PTCL evo is 3G. Who ever wins the bidding will most probably start selling their USB dongle's as well.

I have dual SIM smartphone, using 2 SIMs already.. now if I want to use 3G I will have to give up 1 SIM?

in mobile you can select sim from which you want to use Data , and for calling both will work at the same time

No No in my point of view you do not have to buy new sims but you have to active your 3g services from the operator just..

[quote=“executionist, post:2, topic:20849”]

You will have to buy a new sim from the network that wins the bidding.

3G is not only for mobiles but for ISP’s too and we already have that. PTCL evo is 3G. Who ever wins the bidding will most probably start selling their USB dongle’s as well.

[/quote]

Its not nesseccary that the network which wings bidding will get 3g only. Winner can also provide service to others and there are 3 licenses for 3g which means 3 networks will get 3g.

In a meeting with reginal head of Mobilink Karachi he told me that they are the highest bidders last year. Dont know if they get it or not. Lets see.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Ufone sim is already 3g ready.

The 3G / 4G Auction in Pakistan Rescheduled for April 23rd.