How do you spend your time when the power is out due to load shedding?

Please share your productive ways to spend the time when the power is out e.g. games you play with your bro/sis , etc

[quote=“armada, post:, topic:”]

Please share your productive ways to spend the time when the power is out e.g. games you play with your bro/sis , etc

[/quote]

WAPDA Fail Laptop Win…

beside 24x7 computing & holding an handy fan and cursing wapda kesc..! anything else physical activities games comics calling to gf

[quote=“armada, post:3, topic:16750”]

beside 24x7 computing & holding an handy fan and cursing wapda kesc…! anything else physical activities games comics calling to gf

[/quote]

7-8Hrs in Uni. and then home on FB…wat else? I mean weekend is something that is a bit boring…And i guess playing loddo age is over…atleast in this era of facebook etc…u know everyone with their own WiFi devices sitting in a nook and wasting time on that…and I guess now the only family meeting time is dinner or lunch…or as in today the cricket match.

when UPS is about to die i turn off my pc and let the router run and then continue surfing the web on my phone...

Well everybody has their own way to pass the load shedding time some will stick to FB chat some may join gym etc but we are about 5 friends have decided to buy an used billiard table and a foosball table to keep ourselves entertain/fun during the long long power outages...

Read books.

There was a time when i used to offer my prayers during load shedding instead of sitting idle. Unfortunately, dont do that any more due to laptop and UPS. But I hope my comment will not turn into a religious debate.

Reading books mostly. Whether print-copy or digital copy. If not reading books then playing games on cellphone (but it gets boring after a time). Or watching some movie on cellphone or maybe listening some music. But books always works great. I even can sleep while reading books even when it's hot and no electricity. Not that books are boring but they are a great way to pass time. Read till you sleep. :)

I read books (got a whole collection of sci-fi, horror, literature) mostly. However, thanks to warid's unlimited gprs, i can enjoy internet on my android upto 50MB per day. I also listen to radio from time to time. Speaking of radio, aren't there any radio channels in pak playing trance/ electronic or ambient music ? All i hear is craptastic indian or punjabi songs :(

[quote=“jDk, post:10, topic:16750”]

Speaking of radio, aren’t there any radio channels in pak playing trance/ electronic or ambient music ? All i hear is craptastic indian or punjabi songs :(

[/quote]

City FM 89 does play trance music but after late hours.

If you are in Karachi then Fm96 also plays a fair amount of Electronic music. 89, 91 and 96 are your choices if you don't want Indian/Punjabi music.

For me, I listen to music on my portable player or write stuff in a diary. Wish my phone had the capability to read books, epub, mobi, pdf, txt....so much stuff I can read, gots to invest in a good phone (any recommendations?)

[quote=“mutee, post:12, topic:16750”]

For me, I listen to music on my portable player or write stuff in a diary. Wish my phone had the capability to read books, epub, mobi, pdf, txt…so much stuff I can read, gots to invest in a good phone (any recommendations?)

[/quote]

One word: Android.

By the way, which phone you currently have? I have read books on many phones (except on Nokia 1100). If your phone can run Java app then you probably can run some app that can read books. Google is your friend.

[quote=“wampyr, post:13, topic:16750”]

One word: Android.

By the way, which phone you currently have? I have read books on many phones (except on Nokia 1100). If your phone can run Java app then you probably can run some app that can read books. Google is your friend.

[/quote]

Google has been my friend for years but the java apps you talk about are not. Nothing is available for my Sony w200i that reads any of the above mentioned formats out of the box. I also have a Samsung c3222 which has a bigger screen but the same (or probably more limited) Java compatibility.

Hurrayyyy !!!

I live in WAH CANTT Only one hour load shedding in 24 hours and that hour i often in Office. Alhamdo Lillah since many years I never seen Light Off in my house except Saturday Sunday while I am in house.

[quote=“rimtiaz, post:15, topic:16750”]

Hurrayyyy !!!

I live in WAH CANTT Only one hour load shedding in 24 hours and that hour i often in Office. Alhamdo Lillah since many years I never seen Light Off in my house except Saturday Sunday while I am in house.

[/quote]

that so amazing!!! you must be living in high profile military officials area

[quote=“rimtiaz, post:15, topic:16750”]

Hurrayyyy !!!

[/quote]

Only parts of Wah cantt are exempt from or are at very low loadshedding schedule. Others have normal 8-12 hours of loadshedding depending on areas AFAIK.

If you people do believe i connect my notebook with Dial-Up connection ;-)

[quote=“AdnanAkhtar, post:18, topic:16750”]

If you people do believe i connect my notebook with Dial-Up connection :wink:

[/quote]

We do believe you. However, why you use Dial-up? Last I know that it was like Rs. 7+ per hour. Isn’t it bit expensive?

Because there is no other option.:(