How do you pay for hosting from bluehost, dreamhost, etc?

The title says it all.

"How do you pay for hosting from bluehost, dreamhost, etc?"

I am looking to buy the 1 year package from bluehost but am not sure how I will pay from here. If any of you have any experience regarding this then please share them here. I am looking to buy it sometime next week.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

The title says it all.

I am looking to buy the 1 year package from bluehost but am not sure how I will pay from here. If any of you have any experience regarding this then please share them here. I am looking to buy it sometime next week.

[/quote]

i think u pay through credit card i may be wrong

Any valid Mastercard / Visa / American Express CREDIT card. Debit cards will not work. You can also pay via Paypal

I would recommend Dreamhost, I have been using them for 3+ years now. Look around for coupon codes to make your price even cheaper (my first year only cost me 9.95!).

Good luck.

1 coupon code for dream host is HAK5

dreamhost sucks their packages are fancy but their servers are not worth paying a lots of downtime and they've put so much load on their servers the load average is normally about 10+ ( a nix guy would understand this )

dreamhost sucks their packages are fancy but their servers are not worth paying a lots of downtime and they’ve put so much load on their servers the load average is normally about 10+ ( a nix guy would understand this )
[/quote]

really coz i have heard very positive things about them from my american friend who runs a website and he uploads about a gig of files every month and alot of ppl download them but he says he has never had any problems

Any valid Mastercard / Visa / American Express CREDIT card. Debit cards will not work. You can also pay via Paypal

I would recommend Dreamhost, I have been using them for 3+ years now. Look around for coupon codes to make your price even cheaper (my first year only cost me 9.95!).

Good luck.

[/quote]

Will I get any extra charges on my use of credit card? or just the hosting charges will be deducted to my credit card?

Thanks for the info. Thanks to all others as well.

The dreamhost packages look a bit too expensive to me. I have heard only positive things about bluehost though so I guess I might just go to them. Any suggestions?

I'd stay away from Dreamhost if you are going for shared hosting.They are oversellers.If you need really need that much space, bandwidth etc then you should go for a decent dedicated server.

No, i definitely don't need that much amount of space/bandwidth. Heck, I might not even use 1% of those listed. I only intend to host a technology blog that requires a maximum of 300mb space and 100gb bandwidth.

Then go with a good quality host which does not oversell.You can find good hosts at www.webhostingtalk.com just search for their reviews etc.

Stay away from oversellers.

I'd personally recommend Serverpoint.com. They have all kinds of packages from dedicated to VPS to shared hosting with reasonable prices. They've been around since 1998 and have A+ reputation. Plus, according to them, they provide servers to many of the biggest hosting companies on the net.

I just bought a domain and hosting space at namecheap.com five days ago. Although economical, they blocked my account as soon as I paid under the pretext of verification of my credit card. So far they've asked for my cell number, a copy of my passport and God know what else. I suggest everyone to stay away from them. I previously bought a couple of domains from dotster, very fast, very professional.

Abbas, that is standard procedure from namecheap for suspicious accounts. New customers get verified as a result of tighter rules by the US government and to prevent fraud.

Thankfully, I have never faced this issue. My payments go through fine without any need for verification.

I wish I knew that before I bought. Anyway hopefully they'll be done soon.

Don't worry. Namecheap's service is top-notch for both domain registration and hosting. They are pretty helpful.

Dreamhost has had its issues, but for the money I don't think you could get better service. Their support is always quick, and I have yet to have an extended outage over the past two years. Yes, occasionally servers go down, but when you are dreamhost's size, its a result of scale.

I just bought a domain and hosting space at namecheap.com five days ago. Although economical, they blocked my account as soon as I paid under the pretext of verification of my credit card. So far they’ve asked for my cell number, a copy of my passport and God know what else. I suggest everyone to stay away from them. I previously bought a couple of domains from dotster, very fast, very professional.
[/quote]

It’s just one time verification.I have registered over 200 domains from them and they rock!Support and quality is Top Notch.

I second the thumbs up for Namecheap.com. Although I've never had my account blocked with them (CC payments go through fine), I did have this problem with Registerfly and Enom Inc.

Registerfly had one of my domains and there were legal problems -- they were basically falling apart and literally deleting or stealing domains (read up here) -- so we had the option to get our domains *pushed* into Enom (through which Regfly were working).

Enom blocked my account because it was from Pakistan and they'd had problems with accounts from Pakistan (we truly are famous!) so they told me to fax over some documents as proof and register through a static IP so they could allow that one only to access their members area.

Eventually though I was able to retrieve my transfer code from Registerfly and transfer it myself to Namecheap. I've been really comfortablesince then with no problems (except the domain expirations that is! :P )

Well I guess it must be the "Mohammed" at the U.S airport phenomena. Lol, my first name is Mohammad, that along with my Pakistani passport and me being 28 and looking middle eastern ensures which ever international airport I walk though I end up getting to know all the immigration people and their families. :)

I'm glad that you all think highly of namecheap and it's good to know the verification is a one time thing. I can wait another couple of days.

Namecheap is good but I prefer domainsite.com as it is cheaper. Plus they are ICANN accredited registrar.

Namecheap was a DomainSite reseller previously and they became ICANN accredited in Dec 07.

The title says it all.

[/quote]

As for hosting I am afraid you have no other choice but to pay via CC or PayPal. Or try to find some local company with servers in USA which accepts payment in Rupees (cheque or cash)