How do you get rid of mosquitoes

Mortien coils and those liquid bottle things that run on electricity seems to have no effect on them.

There's a lot of greenery around the house so some mosquitoes always find a way inside my room, even if I keep the doors to outside closed.

What do you suggest I do?

-Tell Mali/gardener to cut grass often

-If gutter is open near by make a complaint to section officer to close it (yes they do listen if you just approach them)

-Seal shut your water tank (yes thy are often open)

-Keep windows shut tight

-If AC is a worry then keep its tmp to 27 (its much better than you think)

I often burn a mosquito mat (coopex or king) to make a smoke and then turn on the fan slowly to that smoke spreads in the room. Then all the mosquito in the room tend to go towards ceiling / roof. Turn off the fan and use a mosquito killer spray. Mosquito gets sense less with the smoke, they don't die they just fall down if there is too much smoke by burning the mat. Mosquito killer spray actually kills them.

For sitting outside in the evenings, there is nothing better than Mospel.

I have heard about ultrasonic mosquito repellent but never used it, may be it is more effective..

get one those Moel Cri Cri or some other brand by Moel, which is an electronic mosquito killer. pic attached.

you can get this from Agha's. Its going to set you back 4-5k rupees, but its effective and you need to have it 24/7. it does dissipate some heat as well... so thats a downside..

thumb.php?src=res%2Fpub%2F309%282%29.JPG&size=300x300

So they could breed inside grass and not the plants/trees?

Don't talk about gutters.. I live in a dirty area. That's why I'm looking for a solution to kill them inside the room rather than outside.

What about AC? I've noticed mosquito activity as soon as the temp rises, and less to no mosquitoes when its cooler.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

get one those Moel Cri Cri or some other brand by Moel, which is an electronic mosquito killer. pic attached.

you can get this from Agha’s. Its going to set you back 4-5k rupees, but its effective and you need to have it 24/7. it does dissipate some heat as well… so thats a downside…

http://www.viva.bg/thumb.php?src=res%2Fpub%2F309%282%29.JPG&size=300x300

[/quote]

That thing looks huge :o How big is it…

^ its not bigger than your CPU case

I often burn a mosquito mat (coopex or king) to make a smoke and then turn on the fan slowly to that smoke spreads in the room. Then all the mosquito in the room tend to go towards ceiling / roof. Turn off the fan and use a mosquito killer spray. Mosquito gets sense less with the smoke, they don’t die they just fall down if there is too much smoke by burning the mat. Mosquito killer spray actually kills them.

For sitting outside in the evenings, there is nothing better than Mospel.

I have heard about ultrasonic mosquito repellent but never used it, may be it is more effective…

[/quote]

Does the coil smoke have same effect on them? It sure smells nasty :P

Does the coil smoke have same effect on them? It sure smells nasty :P
[/quote]

I have observed that burning coil just repels them, does not kill any and you have constant smell all the night.

Burning a mat smells for some time only. Since mosquito is a thing of summer, so a running fan can help remove the smell.

My method kills them :) And if you do this for few days, you will feel very less mosquito enter your house. Of course keep the windows and doors closed.

for smooth sleeps king spray do it every night before sleeping best thing about its none smell and 0 bad effects one bottle may cost you around 200Rs

First of all use curtains.

Secondly wash the rooms with phenyle.

Thirdly use morteins liquid bottle also known as MORTEIN ODOURLESS MOZZIE ZAPPER LIQUID REFILL.

It will not cost you more than 250 and the refiller bottle is not more than 150. This bottle will easily run for 1 month if used only at nught time.

visit the link to see:

http://www.mortein.com.au/product_odour_mozzie_zap.php

One thing more: Take bath regularly :P

Mortein electronic w/ liquid bottles is very effective if you keep the door shut. Windows can be kept open though.

I have never had any issues with mosquitoes in years now. All I do is keep buying the refills on time. Even if you see the mosquitoes around you, they will be zombified and won't attack you.

Mortein electronic w/ liquid bottles is very effective if you keep the door shut. Windows can be kept open though.

I have never had any issues with mosquitoes in years now. All I do is keep buying the refills on time. Even if you see the mosquitoes around you, they will be zombified and won’t attack you.

[/quote]

Isn’t the mortein coil/liquid etc smell bad for you when used inside a closed room?

^odourless

Dude the Mortien liquid works perfectly in an Inclosed room, not sealed but a confined area. As of the odor/fragrance, seriously it's harmless to humans and is made harmful only for mosquito. I find the fragrance one better because when I smell it I have this satisfaction that i am protected :)

1. fan can protect you from mosquitoes but it is only helpful if there is no load shedding.

2. i use coils. You can find the procedure on the package. i do not burn the coil whole night. i burn 2 or 3 coils. close the door for 5 minutes. open the door. mosquitoes will flee outside the room. close the door after 5 or 10 minutes. open the windows.

it is effective for me because on the other side of windows there is open area.

Coils never worked for me but their affect is temporary. Mortein electronic w/ liquid bottles is the best solution.

The most affective way to kill mosquitoes is to put a mosquito on a stone and hit it with another stone. :D

NOw,

1. MOrtein liquid/refill or whatever its name is is the current best solution. Odourless and no heat.

2. That thing with blue tubes which am4tl told you about. I don't know its name but i've used it.

3.Use anti-mosquitoes skin cream/liquid.

Put net no your windows,close the doors at evening time. etc. etc. etc. Never use Coils its sooooooooooo dangerous for health.

Thanks for suggestions guys. I already told you the Mortein liquid thing doesn't work for me. Or perhaps its the Mortein brand? I should try another brand .. like king?

^You are getting fake liquid. Get it with a new machine from a good shop.