How do you drive?

How do you drive? i.e. Do you keep in your lane and overtake properly in multiple lanes OR drive zig-zag to overtake the vehicles in front? I am sure the majority in this country will mostly drive zig-zag...

I was told by a friend that if you don't drive like that, it will take you a lot of time to reach where you are going and he was referring to it quite proudly i.e. if you can't do such driving then you are not a driver and asking how many accidents happen with such driving meaning the drivers who are doing that are 'expert' drivers :|...

Do you agree with the above?

Huh! first of all I would say that I am not that expert in driving.... but....

Yes I agree that the zig-zag (as you defined it) can actually cause minor or major accidents.

And yes there are people who drive like that and really proud to be like that. (I call them just self-satisfied good drivers. what they actually are not)

But I also have some argument on the fact when I ask for the way from the vehicle in front and he/she doesn't react on my request...... that is the situation when I prefer to see around and over take from left. but I don't proud it, it still is not good. but it's not bad as well if you do it with your responsibility and you take care of the things around.

there come the situation here when you have to make up your mind to over take if you don't get a way in straight. So I also will blame the drivers when they just don't even react on a kindest request from the vehicles coming closer from behind...

Secondly and seriously no-offence to motorcycle riders. I mostly feel pain of them while driving, when they get in the high-speed lane and just don't hear the horn.... it feels like a pain in my head and I just can't do any thing... some times they get in the way very suddenly that I just start abusing them, even knowing that they won't hear me...... Please show some responsibility...

For four wheel drivers: when you can't leave your lane even when you know that some one is asking for the way from behind. then please indicate him/her that you are staying on the lane and can't leave the lane, whatever the reason is. So that the other driver could make up his/her mind to take some other way. There are Indicators on your vehicle for purposes. Please make it your habit to use them.... Thanks

Please drive well on the road while keeping in mind that you are not the only one driving on that road... Thanks

I do a bit of both. Sometimes I zig-zag through but most of the time I just drive straight. Depends on my mood.

The thing that I hate the most is when motorcyclists overtake you from the left. They are very annoying :)

^^how to indicate that i can't change lane?

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

^^how to indicate that i can’t change lane?
[/quote]

It’s most probably the situation when you are on the right most lane(in Pakistan) and you can’t give way to the vehicle getting closer to you from behind.

Staying in your lane (right most), you can use your right indicator to tell that you are willing to stay on the lane or you just can’t move left from the lane.

This act of yours is actually much satisfying to the drive in the vehicle behind you. So he could decide confidently to overtake from left. This helps very much.

Simple and short… doing this, driver behind gets informed that you are aware of him but you can’t move from the lane.

In fact I appreciate when some one indicates in that way.

I hate motorcycles!

With no mirrors, and with atrocious driving, they really make you wanna bump them off the road. I have asked several bikers about the mirror, and their replies are mostly the same "it spoils the look". If God allowed me to kill as many people in a day, then I'd go for all the bikers in the city... (You Have Been warned!! :P )

I also hate sliders (or Zig Zags). I tend to watch out for them and block their paths often. Then I try a near miss on them, just to show them that I wont budge. Of course if the car is ahead of me and it indicates that it wants to change lanes, then I allow it, as long as the car IS faster than mine. (Dont allow Aunties though).

I like to play cool when driving a car, but bike makes me go crazy sometimes only!

I personally don't consider driving at high speed crazy, but driving carelessly.

I use indicators,mirrors to look around, rear view mirror, but not horn, i simply don't like it.

I'd like to wait rather than run into another car.

Like rokra said these things do matter on your mood.

Well for that zig-zag thing thats Bull #$%#, these are some crazy ass kids who want others to look at them, want attention in crowd.

I mostly consider them Phoondz!

And well explained KA , perhaps you are expert. :)

@Deffury

Lolz, i do block their path.

It’s most probably the situation when you are on the right most lane(in Pakistan) and you can’t give way to the vehicle getting closer to you from behind.

Staying in your lane (right most), you can use your right indicator to tell that you are willing to stay on the lane or you just can’t move left from the lane.

This act of yours is actually much satisfying to the drive in the vehicle behind you. So he could decide confidently to overtake from left. This helps very much.

Simple and short… doing this, driver behind gets informed that you are aware of him but you can’t move from the lane.

In fact I appreciate when some one indicates in that way.

[/quote]

That will certainly do it. But what to do when in middle lane?

^^how to indicate that i can’t change lane?
[/quote]

In brief you always overtake from the right lane. If you are in the middle or left lane and you want to overtake the car in front of you you would first give the signal for a right turn and move into the right lane. Then you would overtake and once you are a comfortable distance ahead you can move back into the left or middle lane after giving the correct indicator.

--

I consider driving in the extreme right lane is the best way. This is cuz the stupid coach walas stop their coaches/buses in between the middle lane and the left lane to pick and drop their passengers... Therefore the extreme right gives me the complete peace of mind.. and i dont care for the behind behind me even if hes screaming.. unless its an ambulance or police wala obviously i wud change my lane..

Btw.. i just got my learners license for drivin a car 200/- at the expo centre this week :)plus i had to give 80/- for four pics .. took about 30-45 mins for the whole procedure.. howz dat?

I consider driving in the extreme right lane is the best way.

[…]

Btw… i just got my learners license for drivin a car 200/- at the expo centre this week :)plus i had to give 80/- for four pics … took about 30-45 mins for the whole procedure… howz dat?

[/quote]

Clearly, you have still got a lot to learn about the driving rules.

Hmm, following rules in karachi is kind of impossible.. cuz of all the other motorbikes and buses breakin their rules..

i think Karachiites shud learn form Lahoris.. u wud be amazed that even main roads of Lahore are not more than two lanes but still everyone follows traffic and lane rules..

I drive according to rules on Mall road, Ferozpur Road etc (Mostly Where Traffic Wardens are active) . But on roads like Multan Road, Bund Road etc, I drive like GTA :P. If you follow the rules there you can get your car full of scratches and dents. But i always focus on Indicators. People living in Lahore may know how difficult is to drive here in presence of Wagons and Rikshaws! Not to mention the Ching Cheez!

Clearly, you have still got a lot to learn about the driving rules.

[/quote]

x2.

It’s the thing I talked about. Perhaps it’s the thing I am cleared about now that some people think they are at its best way and just don’t leave the lanes :P

Right most lane is used to be the Crossing lane and I only see this rule being followed on Motorway. Ah I also have seen some idiots on Motorway driving all the way on right most :P

BTW rokra explained it well. you only should use the right most lane to cross/overtake and come back to left when you are done.

But this rule is mostly and usually not followed inside the city/town. Because of hi volume traffic low speed driving. I appreciate that when people even try to follow it whenever possible.

That will certainly do it. But what to do when in middle lane?

[/quote]

When you were in middle lane, it’s the most generous situation. You don’t need to do any thing. Just be careful on your way and use the right lane for crossing/overtaking, you are not disturbing any one.

I do a bit of both. Sometimes I zig-zag through but most of the time I just drive straight. Depends on my mood.

The thing that I hate the most is when motorcyclists overtake you from the left. They are very annoying :)

[/quote]

Same here, but my nature is more towards zig-zag. That works more awesome on bike of course, which is what I have anyway.

And I can imagine it would be pretty annoying to me as well if I was in car and someone overtook me because of space constraints :).

i drive according to rules all the time because follow traffic rules is best

[/quote]

x2 same here :) .

motor cycles should be banned from highways