How do i record and save video calls on skype For Free?

So How do I record and save video calls on skype For Free?

Pamela and ecamm aint free so is there an open source solution?

You can try Vodburner. You can try it out for free for two weeks, and continue using it for free just by telling the other person to download & install the same program on his/her end.

Like an invitation?

So if I send it to you and you download and install it..then I get it for fee..right?

Basically, if you want to use it for free, than both you & the other person must be using it. If you pay, than only you need to use the software.

Check out their website, they pretty much explain everything: http://www.vodburner.com/

Took it from their site:

• You can use all features free for a 14 day trial period. There are no call time limits during the trial.
  • After the 14 day trial, all features continue to be free for all calls to people running the VodBurner free or licensed version.
  • If you wish to use VodBurner for calls to non-VodBurner users after the 14 day free trial, a purchase is required.

So essentially me and the guy that I am going to talk to must have this in order to record the call.....right?

^ Correct.

set your camcorder on a tripod right front on your computer screen and use its external Mic for audio sync

^not a bad idea.

^ Are you serious? I was just about to own him for that suggestion...

Anyways, a much better option would be to use Fraps or other screen recording softwares. You'll get your videos without losing any quality.

Actually I have vids this way and result has been just as good, but I would use it as a last resort. I will test vodburner and till ya guys the result.

^ So, did any of the solutions work out for you?

i came across this and it might be usefull for your requirement

Skype RUNS STRAIGHT FROM THE USB DRIVE - NO INSTALLATION REQUIRED. USE ON AS MANY COMPUTERS AS YOU LIKE.

SIMPLY PLUG & PLAY - NOTHING IS EFFECTED ON THE COMPUTER.

NO HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE INSTALLATION! -

CUSTOM PORTABLE ENCRYPTED SKYPE PHONE ON A USB FLASH DRIVE!

CUSTOM SKYPE Features!!!

* Skype Call Recording

* Skype Video Recording

* Skype Chat Recording

* Skype Call Transfer

* Rich Mood Editor

* Answering Machine

* Video Mail

* Custom video recording

* Auto Chat Reply

* Reminders

* Email Forwarding

* Contact Personalization

* Auto Start Applications

* Skype Publishing

* Record a custom video from your Webcam

* Call Scheduler system

* Conference Call manager (auto start conference calls)

* Import Recordings

MILITARY GRADE ENCRYPTED FOLDER ON DRIVE FOR ANONYMOUS DATA STORAGE

Where is the link to this custom Skype.