How do i Get Internet in hostel?

Hello every1

I need suggestions and info here so please give me any idea if u know

I have recently moved to hostel in lahore and there is no internet facility in the hostel.There is wireless networking in the university but its signals dont come in the hostel. I Need internet facility in my room.So please give me a cheap and good enough solution by which i can use internet on my laptop in my hostel room

Thanks

waiting for reply

Post-paid GPRS/EDGE that you can afford and you get good strength signals in your room/hostel.

Or PTCL EVDO if you can afford and get good signals.

The students at our university used to have VPTCL

Buy a zong prepaid sim, activate the unlimited internet package (Rs 400 + tax = almost 500 for one month, unlimited downloading).

Enjoy internet on your laptop through your mobile.

The Options:

Wateen WiMax, Ptcl Vfone, Ptcl evdo , Worldcall wireless , Edge/Gprs of any service provider.

The best choice:

Ptcl Evdo for 2000Rs a month. You can obviously share the connection with a few rooms to cut the costs.

i think go for telenor persona

They charge 500 per month

2gb data limit

go for it

If u r not a download freak then IMO VPTCL is the right choice cuz its not very expensive option. Otherwise u can always go for high speed internet options like DSL, if u can afford them.

If you want dsl than go for 256 kbps worldcall evdo for 1200 rupees per month.

^ world call EVDO isnt DSL

Tell me is this equally work on Desktop PC + Laptop if we buy zong /telenor GPRS or what u pplz mentioned ,i need 256 Kbps Speed, i hv work on web platform /means Stock /forex trading ,suggestion please low price monthly bill...and also tell me install+what they charge at the time of buy?????

try connect through mobile, get internet access on your mobile then connect it to your laptop or computer through cable or Bluetooth at any cost you wanna test your internet speed

star here

wateen

or

ptcl evo

or

worldcall evdo...

choose wth ever u like...

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

Buy a zong prepaid sim, activate the unlimited internet package (Rs 400 + tax = almost 500 for one month, unlimited downloading).

Enjoy internet on your laptop through your mobile.

[/quote]

I think unlimited costs Rs.1000. The package you are telling is limited to 4GB.

I think unlimited costs Rs.1000. The package you are telling is limited to 4GB.
[/quote]

Check the date of my post. It is 24 February 2009, today is 08 July 2009.

At that time the unlimited package costed 400+tax.

^Was that previously unlimited?

^ A few months after Zong was launched in Pakistan, they introduced the Hourly Package & the Unlimited Data Package, And the Unlimited Package was 100% Unlimited at that time, due to this package many people switched to Zong, this package was available for a long time, but in march or april 2009, they capped it to 2gb.

In June, they upgraded it to 4gb & reintroduced the Unlimited Data Package with a new price (999 + tax), alongwith 2gb internet package (200 + tax), the 4gb package costs 400 + tax, while the hourly package costs 15 rupees + tax/hour, & the volume based package costs 10 rupees + tax/mb.

Get Wateen Connection ... u wil be satisfied..

Get Wateen Connection … u wil be satisfied…
[/quote]

Are you sure? I haven’t heard of anyone who was satisfied after using Wateen.

Are you sure? I haven’t heard of anyone who was satisfied after using Wateen.

[/quote]

x2

GPRS or edge if not then PTCL EVDO