How did you get your SIM re-verified? Franchise or Local Shops?

I got my Telenor SIM re-verified by visiting their franchise but after seeing so much crowd there I decided to get the other ufone and zong SIMs verified from local shops.

The local shop charged Rs. 20 per SIM, but franchise was free :(

What about you?

Visited the local franchise/office before all this rush started. Took barely 3 minutes from entering the franchise to getting it completed. Fortunately, I was fast-tracked since I was only there for verification. No amount was charged for it.

Shops should only be taking PKR10 for verification AFAIK.

[quote=“Asad, post:2, topic:21934”]

<div>
	<p>			Visited the local franchise/office before all this rush started. Took barely 3 minutes from entering the franchise to getting it completed. Fortunately, I was fast-tracked since I was only there for verification. No amount was charged for it.</p><p>			Shops should only be taking PKR10 for verification AFAIK.</p>	</div>
[/quote]

What the hell is this RS10 for as far as i see the machine, connection and service is provided by the company.

[quote=“Asad, post:2, topic:21934”]

Shops should only be taking PKR10 for verification AFAIK.

[/quote]

Actually they don't have to charge any amount because it is free as franchise are not charging any amount, but the shopkeeper said, 10 Rupees are for franchise and 10 Rupees are for us... I know he is lying but I didn't argue because I don't have any other option.

Rs. 10 are also charged but in poor areas. There is loot-khasoot everywhere :(

almost every shopkeeper in Pakistan is haramhoor,

[quote=“MrKamran, post:3, topic:21934”]

What the hell is this RS10 for as far as i see the machine, connection and service is provided by the company.

[/quote]

Incentive for the shopkeeper to provide verification service.

@jani: It is PKR10. Anything beyond that is price gouging from the shopkeeper. FWIW, try complaining to the company and/or PTA though I fully expect nothing will be done. :(

[quote=“Asad, post:6, topic:21934”]

Incentive for the shopkeeper to provide verification service.

@jani: It is PKR10. Anything beyond that is price gouging from the shopkeeper. FWIW, try complaining to the company and/or PTA though I fully expect nothing will be done. :(

[/quote]

Nothing will be done, 100% sure :(

You already know how media has exposed many times how illegal parking are charged Rs. 10, nothing happened to them then how can my one phone call to PTA or any authority will make a difference :(

[quote=“jani, post:7, topic:21934”]

Nothing will be done, 100% sure :(

You already know how media has exposed many times how illegal parking are charged Rs. 10, nothing happened to them then how can my one phone call to PTA or any authority will make a difference :(

[/quote]

99% sure

I have asked a shopkeeper and he said that when he verifies a SIM, Rs. 10 are deducted from their account which is paid to NADRA for SIM Verification. I am not sure if the statement is true or not.

I have 2 telenor postpaid and upon checking, they are fine and doesn't need to be verified since the crackdown is only on prepaid SIMs but I did verify those plus a Warid SIM that I rarely use through a shopkeeper and paid Rs. 40 for all of these.

i went to warid official franchise for my sim,,2 in the family.. for all verifications, official franchise charge 10rs.. my friend got his ufone sim verified for 10rs.. everyone in january had paid 10rs to all official franchise. shopkeepers are allowed to take 20rs as their income. as supply of official equipment and cost of nadra services and infrastructure and network carriers investment needs to be paid up from 10 rs... and shoppkeepers are taking care of expensive equipment and providing service in remote areas where there are no/ canot be any official franchise of all networks. so 10rs is their income for service.

how is everyone now getting free verification is beyond me...

[quote=“mateen.khalid, post:9, topic:21934”]

I have asked a shopkeeper and he said that when he verifies a SIM, Rs. 10 are deducted from their account which is paid to NADRA for SIM Verification. I am not sure if the statement is true or not.

[/quote]

AFAIK, NADRA is charging PKR10 per verification from the service providers (mobile phone companies) which they are paying out of their pocket. To provide an incentive to shopkeepers to help the companies with their verification drive, the shopkeepers are allowed to charge PKR10 from customers coming for SIM verification.

[quote=“mateen.khalid, post:9, topic:21934”]

I have 2 telenor postpaid and upon checking, they are fine and doesn’t need to be verified since the crackdown is only on prepaid SIMs but I did verify those plus a Warid SIM that I rarely use through a shopkeeper and paid Rs. 40 for all of these.

[/quote]

Both postpaid and prepaid need to be verified.

@Asad - That's what It looks like. The shopkeepers are charging more.

Regarding Postpaid verification, I had my suspects so I verified both of those.

Btw, propakistani has a post today in which the deadline has been increased to Mid-April.

If you want to save your time get your sim varified by local easy load shops. They will charge you 20 Rs. but you will be spared of hours of waiting in ques at their customer service centers.

How is the system preventing the shops from lying about getting it verified? Are they asking for copies of your NIC? Also how many sim cards can a person have under his name right now?

i got my 2 mobilink sims verified from local shop without any hassle though he charged 20 rs but that is more convenient than getting line up in queues .

1. i think the best and easy way is get it done though local shop but make sure your get SMS alert for verification otherwise you may found later that he took money but your sim was never verified.
  2. go to franchise pay 10 rs and get your sim verified (But normally bit rushy)
  3. Go to business center of any telecom operator no charges (For Mobilink i am sure don't know about other) but long ques and hassle.

Right now Prepaid is more focused by telecom operators & PTA than Postapid sim if you get them verified now good to do but if you didn't nothing to worry you can get them later.

I verified my sims early on and paid nothing to anyone.

Mobilink - service center

Telenor - service center

Ufone - franchise

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

So did the providers actually block any sims?

^ Yep, my Telenor Sim has been blocked.

I can't make a call, and whenever anyone calls on my number, it says "Apke milaye hue number per call mohsul nahi ho sakti... The number you have dialed is barred" :ph34r:

It's no big deal though, i can get it unblocked simply by going to a Telenor franchise within 90 days (since the block) and doing the late biometric verification.

Personally, I'm doing fine with my other Zong 4G Sim. :P