How can I watch American channels in Pakistan?

So, I called up a few satellite TV guys and they all said the signals are too weak in KArachi.

I know I can use the internet, but 8MB PTCL is 7,000/month which is ridiculous. I was wondering if someone has been able to use satelllite to watch American channels in Karachi.

you can not watch American TV channels here in Pakistan but you can watch American programs on European Arabian TV satellite packages, install large dish(s) on rooftop get hotbird and other European satellite signals buy subscriptions online and you are in America

[quote=“armada, post:2, topic:21267”]

you can not watch American TV channels here in Pakistan but you can watch American programs on European Arabian TV satellite packages, install large dish(s) on rooftop get hotbird and other European satellite signals buy subscriptions online and you are in America

[/quote]

Thanks.

The situation sucks though. Anyway, one more question - any place to get a list of those channels?

One thing for sure....YOU CAN NOT GET AMERICAN CHANNELS VIA SATELLITE DUE TO FACT THAT SATELLITES WORKS ON LINE OF SIGHT TECHNOLOGY ND COVER LIMITED AREA OF EARTH. ANY SANE PERSON KNOW WHERE AMERICA IS ON THE MAP SO SATELLITES COVERING AMERICA THEIR SIGNAL CAN NOT REACH ON THE OTHER SIDE OF PLANET. ITS IMPOSSIBLE!

However as Armada suggested, you can watch American programs on many satellite's channels covering this part of the world. One of them is Hotbird (covering Europe, ME and parts of Africa and Asia) contains mostly European channels but its signal is quite weak in Pakistan specially in lower parts. and im pretty sure that is the satellite shopkeeper was talking about. you can get few channels if you put a 10-12 feet dish but you have a better option. Nilesat (covering ME and parts of Africa). its signal is accessible in lower parts of Pakistan specially in Karachi its very strong. Talk to that shopkeeper about this sat he'll guide you properly.

for the list of channels visit:

http://www.lyngsat.com

Which channels/shows in particular are you trying to watch? Just curious.

You can watch most of the American News and Sports channels over here -

www.tvonclick.com

jay lenov,the david latterman,Mr Conan shows....

You can use Hulu plus subscription for watching in TV using any streaming device. I already using Hulu plus membership for watching latest episodes of all tv shows

Don't you have to be in USandA to watch Hulu? How do you fool them?

You can watch American tvv channels live from this website. http://www.channel.pk/