How can i verify that laptop is new or used?

How can i verify that laptop is all brand new and not used?

Last time some one in hafiz center ditch us :(

It would be difficult to judge if the laptop has been very slightly used (say for few days). But if it has been used for months, then cleaned and presented as if brand new then it is very easy to judge.

1. Look for minor scratches / cosmetic wear on keyboard, back cover, mouse pad etc.
  2. Look inside the various connectors like VGA, LAN for dust and dirt. Usually it is very difficult to clean those places.
  3. Shutdown, remove the battery and observe dust inside battery compartment especially in the corners.
  4. Finally look into the grill from where hot air comes out through fan. The amount of dust / clogging should give you some indication.
  5. Plastic parts of brand new electronics items have a typical smell, this may also be an indication if it is really new or used.

Boot into the BIOS setup. Some laptops used to have warranty information displayed in the BIOS. Also, the copyright year or similar information mentioned inside the BIOS setup or on/above POST may also help determine manufacturing year of the laptop.

You might also be able to use the product and/or serial numbers to determine warranty status from the manufacturer's website.

[quote=“Asad, post:3, topic:20869”]

Boot into the BIOS setup. Some laptops used to have warranty information displayed in the BIOS. Also, the copyright year or similar information mentioned inside the BIOS setup or on/above POST may also help determine manufacturing year of the laptop.

You might also be able to use the product and/or serial numbers to determine warranty status from the manufacturer's website.

[/quote]

when i bought laptop last time, in sept it had warranty period started in july or aug 2013.

so is this ok if warranty period start few months ago or it must start from the day i purchase?

Even a couple months ago is ok.