How can i use ptcl dsl as a wireless

Hi plz help me how can i use ptcl dsl as a wireless i hrd there z something which u can attach near ur dsl modem and u can use wireless net in whole home iz it possible

ihave been given zte 831 adsl modem

Get a Wireless Router for that purpose

and wireless cards....or W-Lan enabled motherboards

how it will cost me around

http://www.galaxy.pk/store/net-acc.htm

check it from here

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

http://www.galaxy.pk/store/net-acc.htm

check it from here

[/quote]

thx for ur reply for which 1 should i go

hey i want to do like this dat i can have wireless net in my whole home using ptcl dsl for this i have to buy wireless router for each room or only 1 plz help me in this regard

imi89, one wireless router only connected to PTCL DSL modem will do the job. You need a wireless lan card for each computer so that it can receive the wireless signals.

imi89, one wireless router only connected to PTCL DSL modem will do the job. You need a wireless lan card for each computer so that it can receive the wireless signals.
[/quote]

na joker i want to mean dat

my laptop has alrady wireless thing in it it self i wan to do just wireless networking dat i can use my laptop in any room in my homee is it possible

like i want to use my deskptop also which z working on zte modem and also a wireless which will work in another room like 2 connection but wireless

try with 1 if it works fine then dont need to buy one more

try with 1 if it works fine then dont need to buy one more
[/quote]

yes i agree with that, try one, if it covers all the areas u wud b using ur laptop the n no need to buy another one, just use one, and if doesnt u can always buy another one later… :)

Abt price check out your local market dont know what has happened to the prices after change in dollar price and the new taxes imposed by the govt.

cq plz answer dat on how much u bought it and

u didnt told me dat which dsl u using and how to give a connection to another wiresless router if i bought another 1

or it catch it self wireless

well i told you i bought one is 2005 and another one in early 2007, WRT54GL versiion which i bought in 2007 put me back by Rs. 3300 and I dont know what will it cost know after hike in dollar prices and imposition of new taxes.

As for your question regarding 2 routers, u have to make a wireless bridge and for that u wud need to flash a custom firmware like DD-WRT and read through this guide then

http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/3639271

ok thx cq

u do all the these things ur self or u call a person to setup for uu

well did it myself,i like to get into the technical side of things :) so i do get abt a lil of these things, so i setup my network at my office and at home myself

the cheaper way would be to get a wireless adapter for your pc which will cost about 1200 and create a ad-hoc wireless connection from your pc and share the dsl wirelessly, its drawback will be that you will have to turn on ur pc whenever u want to use net on laptop, or any wireless device

the cheaper way would be to get a wireless adapter for your pc which will cost about 1200 and create a ad-hoc wireless connection from your pc and share the dsl wirelessly, its drawback will be that you will have to turn on ur pc whenever u want to use net on laptop, or any wireless device
[/quote]

thx sameed but which router should i buy do u know its namee and this wirless work in 1 room or manyyy

ddoes this thing will give me nice speed as like other wireless routers

there is now wireless router involved in this only the wifi reciever(adapter) like the one which is in your laptop, new desktops have a biult in adapter but if you have an old one you will hav to buy the adapter, and this connection has a range of about 50 metres. and the speed is 54 mbps, i share the connection from my pc to laptop and iphone and the speed i get on both devices is 1mbps, which is the speed of my dsl connection

as for the data sending and recieving, such as songs or any files the speed in 54mbps which means 6.75 MB/s