How can i request a fibre optics cable in my area?

I am living in Gulshan-e-Iqbal and i have DSL blinking problem, though my phone line is completely clear. I talked to the line man recently and he told me that it is the voltage problem in the area which causes the data in the copper lines to get corrupted and hence the dsl blinks frequently. He told me that fiber optics cable can solve this problem completely. How am I supposed to get a fiber optics line in my area??

Best option is that you purchase it yourself.

[quote=", post:, topic:"]

I am living in Gulshan-e-Iqbal and i have DSL blinking problem, though my phone line is completely clear. I talked to the line man recently and he told me that it is the voltage problem in the area which causes the data in the copper lines to get corrupted and hence the dsl blinks frequently. He told me that fiber optics cable can solve this problem completely. How am I supposed to get a fiber optics line in my area??
[/quote]

if the fiber poles are arround in your area then just call 1218 and request them to upgrade your existing connection to Fiber optic…

i have done the same and my gateway was changed to fiber optic network…

:D

Best option is that you purchase it yourself.
[/quote]

lol how will he buy fiber optic himself? Everyone is not so much rich like you to go for such “Sadqa-y-Jaria”

[/quote]

Complaint to your relevant exchange.

If I share my condition with you: Its only a dream in my are that one day PTCL will prvide ONU or fiber optic facility.

They are master in telling lies and every time I visit their customer service office their answer will be same: Inshallah next6 month ONU facility will be provided to your area.

PTCL: Pakistan Telecommunication Corporation of Liars.

PTCL won't spend a dime to better/enhance its infrastructure. Their full attention is to push for wireless serviices like VPhone, EVO etc.

BTW How you distinguish poles carrying copper or fiber lines?